Technical Inspector AH-64D/E Illesheim
The Aircraft Quality Control Inspector is responsible for maintaining the Quality Control, Environmental and Safety Programs at the field level in support of assigned aircraft and Support Equipment.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Inspect, remove, install, repair, replace, modify, disassemble, reassemble and calibrate complex aircraft mechanical and electromechanical systems in accordance with maintenance manuals, test procedures and other military publications.
- Perform the receiving, in-process, final quality, flight safety inspections and functional operational tests during organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance, modification and repair of military tactical aircraft systems or associated components.
- Approve or reject work accomplished by field team members to ensure compliance with customer specifications, standards and technical data.
- Review and approve locally developed procedures and solutions to complex repair situations.
- Perform analysis of defects and interprets quality control rejection and failure trends.
- Monitor safety, training, and certification requirements.
- Using checklists, perform daily work site Safety Inspections and Foreign Object Damage Inspections. Monitor tool control programs, inspects and maintains records to ensure that measuring and test equipment meets calibration requirements.
- Maintain Quality, Safety, Training and Certification Records.
- Coordinate with the Customer Quality Assurance Representative concerning quality matters, mandatory inspection points and final acceptance inspection of contract end items or services.Inspect forms and records related to aircraft maintenance.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
Experience & Education
- Possess good communication skills; be adaptable, diversified and capable of troubleshooting entire aircraft system.
- Working knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical and associated systems principles to complete properly all probable work tasks.
- Knowledge of Quality Control, Production and Supply procedures required to perform job assignment.
- Able to determine when faulty systems or assemblies can be corrected through repair of replacement of new parts and the nature and extent of repair required.
- Must have skill in reading, applying and interpreting technical data.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in maintenance, modification and repair of tactical aircraft systems of the type being serviced and their associated components.
- Certification of education level is required.A&P or FCC Elements 1 and 3 required.
- National Security Position (National Agency Check with written Inquires (NACI) or Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) qualification required.
- Previous aircraft inspector on the assigned aircraft experience preferred.
- Previous experience with the Contract Field Team Maintenance concept and its application to U.S. Military maintenance, modification and repair of tactical aircraft systems preferred.
Able to travel domestically and internationally
Job Ident #: