Technical Order Librarian
AAR WASS •
Manage and maintain all technical publications in the central, dispersed and site libraries for immediate retrieval of accurate technical information by both maintenance and management personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Orders, receives and distributes aircraft technical orders and publications.
- Maintains master aircraft publications library, to include posting and filing.
- Maintains technical order inventory system using manual and automated methods.
- Requisitions new and replacement technical orders and related commercial publications.
- Must have experience in maintaining a technical order library in accordance with Technical Order 00-5-2 policy.
- Maintain the master repository and satellite locations for use by system maintainers.
- Must be able to review automated indexes and determine the need to establish initial distribution requirements and for updates to the applicable date for the systems assigned.
- Maintain all certification forms, exams and computer products in relation to the certification / licensing program.
- Coordinate all certification requirements with work center supervisors and outside agencies.
- Type and file quality assurance correspondence and coordinates all library and certification functions with Quality Assurance Manager / Supervisor.
- Maintain a computer file of all publications within the central / dispersed and site libraries.
- Document and verify accuracy of all publications for each library in accordance with applicable Government / Company policies and instructions.
- Coordinate publication procedures with all dispersed librarians in accordance with applicable Government / Company policies and instructions.
- Distribute changes to each dispersed and site librarians for incorporation into their libraries.
- Assist and train personnel in the use and maintenance of technical publication libraries.
- Conduct scheduled library audits / inventories of all work center / site libraries as required.
- Submit a Technical Publications Deficiency Report on any that is incomplete upon receipt.
- Coordinate and keep the Quality Assurance Manager informed of all library and certification / licensing functions.
- Coordinate and administratively provide assistance in developing licensing and certification processes, to include the development of examinations and OJT requirement in accordance with applicable Government / Company policies and instructions.
- Assist in preparation of CDRLs.
- Process and track all special process certifications and re-certifications for all employees.
- Distribute to work centers a monthly report of personnel scheduled for re-certification.
- Coordinate the certification program submission for the Monthly Maintenance Plan.
- Administer and grade exams for initial and recurring certifications. - Issue support equipment licenses.
- Ensure all company maintenance instructions are formatted, typed, properly approved, distributed correctly and reviewed annually.
- Prepare typed and / or computer printed correspondence and reports for Quality Assurance.
- Maintain files of correspondence, directives and other Quality Assurance reports.
- Comply with all established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, facility and job assignment.
- Assist as directed to ensure safety, security and preservation of government /company owned equipment.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- AAS/AA or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years general publications experience of which one (1) year must be specialized in U.S. Armed Forces Aviation Technical Publication Inventory Control / requisitioning / upkeep.
- Satisfactory completion of U.S. Armed Forces Technical Publications Librarian courses or civilian schools with equivalent curriculum or one (1) year of on the job training / experience required.
- Must be able to meet Government / Company licensing / qualification requirements for the position.
- Working knowledge of applicable maintenance / technical manuals and publications.
- Able to type a minimum of 35 words per minute.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC