Veteran/Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic - Greensboro, NC - NO LICENSE OR TOOLS REQUIRED
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
Aircraft Mechanic – Sheet Metal Specific
Seeking Veterans with Previous Military Aviation Experience
No tools are required!
Why LAUNCH: LAUNCH is a leading aviation employer with job openings throughout the U.S. We offer military veterans excellent employment opportunities working contract jobs with commercial and military maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities for both fixed wing and rotor wing aircraft. It’s an exciting time to enter the civilian aviation workforce and our dedicated military recruiting team, with many of them veterans themselves, help you maximize your earnings in the location of your choice.
• Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications.
• Reinstall repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or welding,
using clamps and wrenches.
• Read work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examine sample or damaged
parts of structures to determine repairs or fabrication procedures and sequence
• Locate and mark dimension and reference lines on defective or replacement
parts, using templates, scribes, compass, and steel rule.
• Cure bonded structures, using portable or stationary curing equipment.
• Communicate with other workers to fit and align heavy parts or expedite processing of repair parts.
• Clean, strip, prime, and sand structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding.
• Repair or fabricate defective sections or parts, using metal fabricating machines, saws, brakes, shears, and grinders.
• Remove or cut out defective parts or drill holes to gain access to internal defects or damages, using drill and punch.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Recent military aviation experience preferred.
• Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Call Recruiter @630-387-6574
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)