- Four to ten years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills: Excel and Outlook.
- Leadership skills & previous supervision experience highly desired.
- Familiarization with FAA, EASA & CASE regulations.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills in English. Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines, manage a large volume of communication and be a team player.
- Problem solving and decision-making experience for moderately complex issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is typical of a mechanic shop environment and, as such, is considered loud at times.
There may be special working conditions depending on a range of circumstances and business needs including working during evening and weekends, working outdoors, visiting clients outside the offices, working with challenging clients, and so forth.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and kneel for long periods. This role requires listening, writing, conversing, using hands to touch, handle, or feel objects; and to reach with hands and arms.
The employee must be fully able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.