What you’ll be doing…at the core
At the world’s largest CRJ MRO, you’ll have an opportunity to learn valuable skills as you build your career. This role will report into the Director of Finance, and responsibilities include:
- Direct all accounting functions and support for Service Center Network’s team leads.
- Lead and manage a team of employees, which may include: performance review and feedback, opportunities for professional development and growth, and personnel decisions concerning hiring, terminations, disciplinary issues, and salary adjustments.
- Oversee, manage and actively participate in month-end close process.
- Drive prompt and accurate financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and year-end basis within a short closing timeframe. Communicate with senior management and Corporate Finance.
- Work directly with Corporate Finance and Controlling teams to ensure compliance to corporate administrative, accounting and internal control policies.
- Lead process improvement initiatives within general accounting functions as well as support improvement initiatives outside department. Assist with standardization of processes and roles/responsibilities across sites using best practices approach that leads to higher efficiencies and improved management.
- Direct and coordinate activities supporting internal and external audit across the division.
- Support tax reporting requirements.
- Support and collaborate on our IT system migration from Syteline into SAP.
- Assist finance team with the division’s financial planning processes including yearly budget, quarterly forecasts as well as monthly and weekly for local management’s operational reviews.
- Provide administrative reporting and assistance to Director of Finance on various process improvement initiatives along with business case analyses.
This position can be located in Tucson, AZ or Bridgeport, WV.
Ready to take this to the next level? Let’s review the MHI RJ checklist…
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- Possess a CPA is strongly preferred
- Experience managing a team / employees
- Minimum of 5 years of Accounting or Finance or related experience
- Work experience includes a position(s) in a public company, with experience in reporting deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in the MS Office suite (mainly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong financial knowledge; skilled in understanding P&L statements. Demonstrated experience in business analytics is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of accounting/financial reporting systems
- Experience with using ERP systems and SAP knowledge is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), accounting/financial reporting processes and procedures, internal controls, and audit processes
- Analytical and judgment skills necessary to evaluate, interpret, and reconcile accounting and/or financial data according to company and departmental procedures
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign, and coordinate workload of assigned area and employees within a multiple project setting
Who we are…on the surface
MHI RJ Aviation Group (MHI RJ) is the largest MRO provider for the CRJ Series fleet in North America, developed from the merging of two important heritages: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) and the CRJ Series program from Bombardier. MHI RJ has the largest operating base of regional aircraft in the world with service centers situated in Bridgeport, WV, Macon, GA and Tucson, AZ. Yes, we’re awesome!
What we do…in a nutshell
We partner with regional airlines (our customers) to provide safe and reliable aircraft services, which in turn allow our customers to connect people to their destinations. MHI RJ provides comprehensive operational, engineering and customer support solutions including maintenance, refurbishment, technical publications, marketing, and sales activities for the global regional aircraft industry. MHI RJ’s network of service centers, support offices and parts depots are positioned in important aviation hubs in the U.S., Canada, and Germany. Exciting, isn’t it?
Join us…here’s the why
You obviously have a passion for aviation and want to make valuable contributions with top leaders & customers in the industry - you’ve landed at the right place for that! At MHI RJ we value your contribution to our team, provide robust benefits for you & your family, and offer career growth. To that end, here’s a glimpse of our leading benefits package:
Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability
Annual Bonus Plan
401k with Aggressive Company Match
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Health and Wellness Program
Prescription Drug Benefits
Employee Assistance Program
Health Savings Account
Identity Protection Coverage
Company Paid Life Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, national, or local laws.
We thank you for the interest in a career at MHI RJ and look forward to having you join our community! We know you’re excited – so after you submit an application, please monitor your email for future communications from us and be sure to answer your phone when an unknown number appears (or check your voicemail). We look forward to connecting with you!