We are searching for an experienced Aircraft Maintenance Manager to join our growing team at Silver Air. The Aircraft Maintenance Manager safely manages daily maintenance requirements of the fleet and communicates with internal departments, flight crew, and maintenance vendors. All company positions share the responsibility of maintaining situational awareness of operations during routine and AOG activity and are expected to take initiative to aid in recovery, changes, and transitions of crew and aircraft that share a common goal of safely maximizing revenue opportunities.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee specific aircraft maintenance, including repairs, modifications, quotes, scheduling, pre-ordering of known parts, and more.
- Develop and implement maintenance plan for assigned aircraft, ensuring that all client assets comply with industry regulations and company standards.
- Work closely with Aircraft Resource Manager (ARM), Aircraft Owner, and all internal departments to ensure that all maintenance activities are coordinated and scheduled efficiently.
- Manage AOG (Aircraft on Ground) events from start to finish on assigned aircraft, ensuring timely resolution and return to service.
- Be on-site for all owner departures providing support and ensuring a positive experience.
- Drive cost control on assigned aircraft, including budgeting, parts inventory, programs, and subscriptions to ensure financial efficiency.
- Maintain accurate records of all maintenance activities, including inspection reports, maintenance logs, and parts.
- Ensure invoicing is accurate and timely working closely with the accounting team.
- Lead monthly calls to vet out owner statements and partner with the accounting team, ARMs, and other stakeholders to ensure a smooth and efficient process.
- Take initiative to advance RTS (Return to Service) of aircraft as needed, coordinating with internal departments and vendors to ensure timely resolution.
- Build and manage maintenance vendor relationships to create an elevated level of accountability.
To do well in this role, you'll need:
High school diploma. Or equivalent.
Maintenance tech and/or maintenance controller experience. 10+ years is preferred.
Part 135 experience. 3+ years is preferred.
A&P License. This is required.
Maintenance tracking software experience. This includes CAMP, Flight docs, CMP, etc. This is preferred.
Strong customer service skills. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) will need to be demonstrated with all levels of employees and clients. Communication must always be delivered with a superior level of professionalism.
High level of detail. You'll need to be highly organized with the ability to thrive in changing environments and the flexibility for frequently changing priorities.
Excellent time management skills. Being able to work well under pressure and having the ability to multi-task and problem-solve is a crucial component of the role.
Strong people skills. You'll need to be a team player who can provide valued contributions to our business and clients.
We care deeply about making Silver Air an incredible place to work and we invest a significant amount of time and energy into creating and maintaining a company culture that provides our team with a generous level of support whilst inspiring them to do their best work.
The specific benefits/perks we offer are continually evolving, but currently include:
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully paid for Health Insurance coverage for you and your family
- Generous personal development and employee assistance programs
- Top-of-the-line equipment (Apple, Microsoft, Dell, Lenovo, etc.)
- Flexible leadership team
- Competitive salary with regular pay reviews
About Silver Air
Silver Air Private Jets is driven to be the best in our industry – to change our industry by creating an environment where our team members can be their absolute best individually and collectively. We've built a culture based on core values like Drive, Own It, Respect, and Discipline. Silver Air fosters an environment of safety-first flight operations and service-first client relations. We believe our people are our greatest asset, and we encourage contribution and collaboration.