The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible to the Maintenance Operations Manager/Maintenance Manager/Site Manager for the supervision of organizational level maintenance on assigned aircraft under contract to Amentum at NAS Fallon, NV. Direct, coordinate and monitor all maintenance/material actions necessary to retain or restore aircraft, material, equipment, or components to a serviceable condition with a minimum expenditure of resources in the most efficient practical manner.
1) The Maintenance Supervisor shall have an in-depth working knowledge of the CNAFINST 4790.2 Series and all applicable T/M/S technical publications which apply to applicable T/M/S specific aircraft as well have a working knowledge of the Special Inspections, Technical Directives, Aircraft Configuration requirements for flight operations.
2) These personnel must have a complete understanding of the requirements to Release Aircraft Safe for Flight, monitor maintenance SCIR documentation via the NALCOMIS/OOMA system, review Aircraft Weight and Balance forms for accuracy, direct scheduled/unscheduled maintenance actions to meet operational tasking identified by the government/flight schedule, ensure brief to aircrew prior to Functional Check Flights (FCF), review aircrew documentation of aircraft FCF performance, authorize cannibalization, coordinate Depot Level Inspection/Repair actions, assign workload priorities, manage awaiting maintenance and material status, manage T/M/S Aircraft configuration, screen, liaison with Quality Assurance, notify Govt. Oversight QAR?s of all Flight Critical, Safety of Flight, and mandatory QA inspections, monitor high time components, establish supply priorities, and coordinate work center maintenance tasking to meet daily Flight Schedule and Ground Test Requirements.
3) Ensures that the maintenance performed conforms to requirements, manufacturers specifications, company policy, or acceptable standards recognized by the Navy. Ensures work areas are maintained in a neat and orderly manner and that all safety rules and regulations are observed.
4) Provide direct supervision, leadership and management of the day-to-day operations of assigned work groups. Supervises and schedules personnel so they efficiently and effectively meet work requirements to protect against costly duplication of labor. Ensures employees use proper procedures, methods and practices in the performance of their duties.
5) Performs any other maintenance duties or Supervisory functions that may be identified by senior management as appropriate. Position regularly requires standing, walking, use of hands and fingers to handle, grip or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and to talk or hear. Able to work in outside weather conditions on aircraft flight line/ramp. Works with other groups or personnel to resolve problems.
6) Instructs and assists in training of lower level employees in proper work methods and performance of their job duties.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Shall have (2 years as a Naval Maintenance Control Chief/Leading Petty Officer billet with supporting USN/USMC/USCG documentation).
- Shall possess an extensive background in the field of aircraft maintenance and material support with a minimum of 15 years experience with 10 years of 15 years in direct aircraft maintenance repair, inspection, and modification. Of the 10 years experience in aircraft maintenance repair, inspection, and modification, 6 years shall be in a supervisory position that included responsibility for assigning program workloads as well as duties for entire shifts.
- Must have experience supervising daily flight operations personnel supporting scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Must be knowledgeable of technical directives and CNAFINST 4790.2 Series; be knowledgeable of and understand basic supply procedures; possess a working knowledge of applicable aircraft and shall have worked a minimum of one year in a maintenance/production control position.
- Shall have experience writing with clarity and technical accuracy.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance.
Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement