Assistant Director Of Flight Operations
Optic Air •
Position Type: Permanent
Optic Air has an immediate opening for an Assistant Director Of Flight Operations. This person will be responsible for managing pilots, aircraft, and operations. The successful candidate must have the necessary management experience and strong leadership skills to effectively support our Aerial Survey Operation.
We are based out of KSXK (Maurice, IA). Applicant can mostly work remotely from home. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and a fun work environment.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision and management of pilots.
- Oversee and Instruct pilots when necessary.
- Exercise operational control over all flight operations conducted on behalf of the Company, as necessary.
- Coordinate the pilot training and testing process.
- Post job openings, screen, interview, and recruit new pilots to maintain a roster of properly qualified, current, trained pilots.
- Ensure all pilot positions are appropriately staffed at all times.
- Monitor pilot work hours, approve leave requests, and take corrective action as necessary.
- Coordinate, review, and approve travel arrangements and related expenses for pilots.
- Prepare reports, create and modify policies and procedures, and disseminate information to the field.
- Train pilots on all company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned This is a full-time, salary-paid position.
- Reports to Director of Flight Operations.
- Must be a pilot with experience.
- A private pilot License is accepted.
- Knowledgeable in all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
- Possess strong leadership, management, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated Occasional travel may be required.
- Dedication to efficient operations
- Experience in maintenance operations a plus
- Exhibits high levels of professionalism.
- Have a working knowledge of FARs and FAA process
- Possess dynamic problem-solving skills. Exhibits excellent communication skills
- Can successfully interact with the FAA on behalf of the company
- Excellent customer service skills, serving both internal and external customers
- Ability to build, lead, and maintain a high-performing team and fast-paced culture.
- Proficient in MS Office, ForeFlight, and other software applications.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)