As our ideal candidate,
- Take responsibility for efficient resource delivery and check labour requirements
- Actively engage with supply chain, planning, quality/compliance and HSE team stakeholders to drive input/s to completion
- Provide internal technical updates to operations leadership and project management teams
- Oversee the overall bay/s management, notably 5s, housekeeping/husbandry, HSE
- Proactively lead continuous improvement at a shop floor level
- Actively participate in the ‘safety action group’ as a dedicated representative (as requested)
- Actively manage allocated team members, including PMP grading input, assisting Manager Operations with disciplinary actions within the team, holiday and others as reasonably requested
- Aim to meet or better Team Leader targets for DOI hours and lead admin hours against budget
- Aim to meet or better direct target hours by actively overseeing/completing/certifying ‘on aircraft’ tasks
- Category C certification as required
- Deputization for Operations Manager/s as required
- Participate in ‘duty phone’ requirements for out of hours contact/updates as required
- Working on a shift basis, be responsible for all maintenance and associated ground activities in order to achieve the Ontime Delivery of the Aircraft Project
- Be responsible for the completion of all planned and ad-hoc maintenance tasks within a shift, through effective supervision and allocation of resources, equipment, assets and use of the full scope of qualifications held
- Ensure you remain qualified and authorised on all aircraft types
- Be responsible for team compliance with environmental and Health & Safety regulations/guidelines in the role of Health & Safety Representative for the shift
- Management of airmanship standards, including compliance with regulations and company procedures to ensure continued airworthiness of the aircraft
- Be thoroughly familiar with and follow the inspection systems and procedures of the MOE/WPI/ relative to the scope of assigned duties. Keep personnel assigned to their crew aware of the inspection systems and procedures relative to their assignments.
- Perform the tasks as required by supervision with efficiency and to quality standards ensuring the use of applicable technical data.
- Ensure that personnel assigned to tasks are qualified and/or competent to perform them.
- Working alongside the Manager Operations and Planning Manager, to coordinate/facilitate aircraft movement/positioning in hangar
- Directly supervise technicians in the performance of maintenance activities
- Provide input on future GSE and tooling requirements to the Manager operations and Director Operations.
- Ensure employees adhere to all company policy and procedures
- Working with the Manager Operations, Compliance and Planning departments to achieve required quality and cost targets as well as delivery of the maintenance product on time.
- Supporting and implementing business change with a culture of continuous improvement.
- Proactively support supply chain to organise/coordinate 3rd party vendor support as required for each project. Including providing manual references for associated tasks and ensuring quality of their work upon completion
Qualifications, Skills and Training
- UK CAA or EASA Part 66 Category B1.1 and Category C licence
- Applicable type rating endorsements on relevant Bombardier types
- Demonstrated experience of AOG, line maintenance and heavy maintenance check management
- Working knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety rules, Human Factors, Human performance/limitations, and regulations as they apply to safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations
- UK CAA and/or EASA part 145 regulatory based training
- Health and Safety Related Training
- Leadership or Managerial based training
- Excellent understanding and application of UK CAA and EASA part 145 regulatory requirements, as applicable to line, base and AOG/offsite events
- High level of understanding of Part M/CAMO roles and responsibilities, inclusive of interaction to 145 MRO
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of production planning processes surrounding resource management to ensure effective input delivery
- Excellent technical decision-making ability and can make sound and logical decisions under pressure.
- Ability to effectively escalate unresolvable customer, technical, compliance or personnel related issues
- You have commitment to growing individual capability by motivating, coaching and developing others and supporting Manager Operations with the performance management cycle
- You can demonstrate intermediate to advanced computer literacy and have an excellent understanding of Engineering IT systems
- You have experience supervising and managing large teams, through complex inputs
- You can delegate effectively and encourage team working, you must be considerate and respectful in all aspects of your work
- You can demonstrate responsibility for your own work and continued professional development
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Join us at https://bombardier.com/en/careers/career-opportunities
Your ideas move people.