Director Regional Safety- Blue Hawaiian & LifeSave (Hawaii Homebased)
Air Methods Corporation •
Serves as the primary point of contact for all Safety related issues within their assigned region. Will assist in communicating corporate safety philosophy and initiatives to company personnel and customers, promoting behaviors and competencies that lead to a culture of safety and sound environment practices.
This role is Hawaii Homebased (Maui preferred).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
Additional Job Requirements
- Work with and provide leadership to Field Safety Representatives within their assigned region
- Facilitate Root Cause Analyses for any Safety investigations
- Facilitate Risk Assessments for any Safety investigations andor reports
- Review identified system and regional Safety trends, hazards and related risks to operations within their assigned region
- Perform Base QA and follow-up audits
- Investigate and provide necessary follow up on reports received from the various company reporting systems
- Maintain familiarization with regulatory guidance and requirements related to FAA, OSHA, and other Regulatory Statues
- Participate in the Safety Review Board and Corporate Safety Committee to review trends, safety reports, and risk assessments for action itemsrecommendations
- Provide education to assigned regional personnel on all aspects of the Air Methods SMS program to include Safety Reporting and Risk Assessments
- Assist the Internal Evaluation Program (IEP) team in performing follow-up audits for corrective actions within their assigned region
- Performparticipate in Incident andor accident investigations
- Act as the Air Methods Safety Department representative for HBS and ADM customers within their assigned region
- Participate in Emergency Response drills
- Other Duties as assigned
Subject to applicable laws and Air Methods policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods employment practices and policies.
- Percentage of time spent traveling - 50
Directly supervises employees in the Safety department. Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. For Exempt Managers: Managers that carry out these responsibilities for two or more employees will have significant input in hiring and termination decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Aviation Safety or other related fields and ten years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five (5) or more years of operational experience within air medical transportation operations
- Must meet the minimum experience required to be qualified as a line pilot, line mechanic, or clinician
- Previous experience as an air medical services pilot, mechanic, or clinician preferred
- Previous supervisory experience
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, OSHA Regulations, General Operations Manual, Pilot Training Programs, Safety Programs, Maintenance Administration, CAMTS standards, and company manuals
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated knowledge of Aviation Safety Management System processes
- Sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making
- Ability to create an environment that demonstrates teamwork and professionalism
- Advanced Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)