The Director of MRO Business Development and Sales is responsible to grow Erickson’s relationships and business within the Commercial and Military aviation market. This position will support business strategy and execute plans for the growth and diversification of the Manufacturing and Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) industry. The key objectives of this position are to discover or create new opportunities, match solutions to customer opportunities, expand our network, and meet the customer’s anticipated needs. This position will focus on large scale business opportunities and support the sales cycle to capture, and throughout the bid and proposal phase.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively pursue opportunities on five recently won MAC contract vehicles; shape opportunities and win new contracts at the Task Order (TO) level.
- Develop and foster professional Industry networks for potential partnership on TO opportunities on MAC contracts.
- Builds market position by developing, defining, and closing business relationships focusing on aviation OEM partners.
- Develop and foster professional Industry networks for potential partnership on large scale programs and projects.
- Engage customer base and deepen customer intimacy of assigned accounts to include PMAs, DLA, NAVSUP and operational Wings, Groups, and Squadrons.
- Engage customer base and deepen customer intimacy of industry partners to include Sikorsky, Bell, Boeing and GE.
- Discover and qualify new business opportunities by studying integration of new program/opportunities within the company strategic pillars and growth objectives.
- Examine the potential and risk associated with business opportunities, estimate customer needs and recommend program investments for future operations.
- Develops near-term and long-range business development objectives in concert with stakeholders.
- Works closely with the Marketing, BD and Sales Executive Team to set strategic growth objectives and initiatives to reach these objectives.
- Executes business development strategies and initiatives.
- Provides timely and accurate progress reports, analysis of market and competitive trends in order to provide an overall view of business development as measured against set goals and objectives.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Assists compliance with all relevant regulations, policies and applicable laws; accountable for company’s compliance with Code of Ethics principles and company standards. (FAR, FCPA, ITAR, SCA as examples).
- Promotes safety via strong safety and training programs and communications for immediate team, business partners, and Company employees.
- Plays an active role in bid and proposal process for all DNS business pursuits.
Safety and Work Environment - Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others. Follows Guiding Principle “Be Safe”.
Effective Communication – Creates and implements timely and effective communication processes that ensure clear, open, and respectful communication within the organization. Role models effective communication in all forms (includes email, text, IM). Delivers messages in a positive, constructive, and professional manner as a leader of the company.
Teamwork – Creates and implements timely and effective communication strategies and processes that ensure clear, open, and respectful communication across the company. Leads and role models effective and judicious communication in all forms. Presents effective communications to all internal and external audiences. Delivers messages in a positive, constructive, and professional manner as a leader of the company. Understands business and workplace environment and trends to increase effective communication.
Accountable to Achieving Commitments - Focuses individual, team, and Company efforts on achieving timely, high quality results consistent with customer needs, the organization’s objectives, and industry standards. Leads organization to achieve quality work by designing and implementing strong systems and processes related to quality and increasing customer satisfaction. Motivates organization to make continuous improvement to work output. Builds systems to achieve objectives and reward achievement of objectives.
Leading & Managing Change - Creates company-wide strategies for change and defines broad change initiatives. Leads change and holds team members accountable for change management. Effectively communicates changes, reasons and benefits for change. Provides team with appropriate tools/resources to implement the change. Manages resistance to change and builds support. Measures effectiveness of change initiatives.
Talent Development - Fosters employee development by providing a supportive learning environment. Advises, assists, mentors and provides feedback to others to encourage and inspire the development of work-related competencies and long-term career growth.
Organizing & Planning – Develops, implements, evaluates and adjusts plans to reach goals, while ensuring the efficient and effective use of limited resources. Leads and creates systems across the organization that ensure appropriate resource levels (people, budget, services) and planning processes.
Strategic Thinking - Identifies long term trends and business needs. Understands the big picture and thinks in creative, synergistic and innovative ways to develop strategic direction and plans. Takes action considering the situation, the issues, the key players, and business landscape. Defines, clarifies, and communicates the long term objectives, priorities and vision of the organization.