Head of Maintenance Position
Confidential Company •
The hiring organization, a well-established aviation enterprise with multiple divisions, is seeking someone to oversee the aircraft maintenance activities of the company.
The hiring organization is a fast-growing company with excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Summary/ObjectiveThe essential function of the position is to ensure that all operations are continuously conducted safely, in compliance with all FAA and other government regulations and reporting requirements, in conformance with operational specifications, and ultimately with the customer's experience and high degree of satisfaction in mind, while upholding the values of the company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the development, communication, and implementation of efficient operational procedures, policies, and effective growth strategies for the department
- Collaborate with the Chief Pilot to create and maintain a culture of cooperation and respect between the flight crew and maintenance teams
- Ensure that the department is property staffed, organized, trained, and directed to fulfill its responsibilities
- Collaborate with senior management to develop and implement the department's annual business plan and budget based on goals and objectives for the company
- Review actual performance of department and execute appropriate actions necessary to meet plans
- Partner with purchasing department to resolve issues or answer questions to prevent delays
- Partner with engineering team to review modifications that support upcoming missions
- Ensure that the department and personnel have the adequate resources needed to perform their job successfully and efficiently
- Promote a healthy culture for the department and the team that benefits employee engagement and happiness, individual development, customer loyalty, safety, integrity, professionalism and overall excellence
- Conduct performance evaluations for the department that gains feedback to and from the employees, as well as a plan for corrective actions needed to be successful in the role
- Perform basic HR functions, with direction of senior management for the department including input and review of position descriptions, writing and posting for open positions, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of new employees, scheduling, counseling, and discharging of personnel
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship as liaison between company and the FAA with responsibility for the company's issued maintenance certificates and signing of correspondence
- Responsible for all record keeping and auditability requirements, including maintenance and disposition of those records
- Oversee all inspections, repairs, and component changes and accompanying documentation are accomplished in accordance with the manufacturer or FAA approved procedures, conforming to quality control standards, on schedule, and in compliance with FAA regulations
- Oversee and review work orders while jobs are in progress monitoring for proper sign offs, supervising and inspecting as required
- Ensure that all maintenance technicians are certified and supervised according to requirements specified in FAA regulations
- Ensure all maintenance technicians are trained on all aircraft utilized by company
- Maintain timely response and a sufficient quantity of property qualified maintenance technicians for the volume of work on the schedule throughout the day, as well as after hours, nights and weekends as required
- Responsible for the aircraft, tooling, equipment, materials, inventory, and activities within the hangars and on the adjacent ramp
- Make periodic inspections of the working area and take necessary steps to correct any discrepancies related to safety, cleanliness, organization, or general housekeeping practices
- Proactively work with customers and team members to eliminate problems and solve situations before they have a chance to develop
- Plan and prepare maintenance or repair estimates and determine the scope of work and personnel required
- Make available in a timely manner to the maintenance team the necessary overhaul manuals, service bulletins, service letters, airworthiness directives, and other required technical data
- Ensure proper updates are made to the company manuals including but not limited to: general maintenance manual, general operations manual, company hazmat manual, training manuals, etc.
- Ensure proper usage of the company systems including but not limited to: purchase order system, repair order system, exchange order system, loan order system, etc.
- Ensure timely aircraft utilization reports are created and tendered to lessors/vendors
- Confer regularly with customers regarding estimates, scope of work, maintenance approvals, and progress updates, as well as release of aircraft and follow-up satisfaction surveys
- Coordinate parts ordering requirements with Parts Department Manager, ensuring all bill of materials have been issued and all parts ordered for completion of the work required
- Maintain all necessary records and logbooks, including certification in the aircraft permanent maintenance records that the aircraft is approved and returned to service
- Act as primary point of contact with flight crews on maintenance discrepancies related to fleet with understanding of MEL and write-up process for each aircraft
- Coordinate with Senior Management on the timely communication and correction of mechanical repairs, as well as planned Inspections or maintenance work on the Part 91 and Part 135 fleet around scheduled flights
- Provide Senior Management with the current airworthiness status of the aircraft fleet, forecasting down times to facilitate maintenance scheduling at optimal times and ensure timely deferral or correction of aircraft discrepancies
- Coordinate with senior management, officers, and owners on matters related to business operations
- Represent the department in the respective position while interfacing with maintenance customers, manufacturer representatives, and with vendor business partners serving department needs in order to cultivate the relationships
- This management position may delegate some of these duties but retains overall responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned
- 'Current FAA issued certificate with Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) ratings and no violations.
- *10* years within aviation maintenance operations, and equivalent operational experience to include familiarity with aircraft maintenance scheduling, team management, and customer relations.
- -5+ years in Supervisor or Management role.
- 'IA (Inspector Authority) credentials preferred.
- 'Experience with aircraft management record keeping programs including TRAXXALL, and CAMP/CESCOM.
- ‘Extensive knowledge of current FAA regulations.
- ‘Experience with turboprop, turbofan, piston and radial engine powered equipment preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- ‘General office conditions
- ‘General flight conditions if required on test flights or aircraft runs
- ‘Outside on active ramp with aircraft and moving ground handling equipment
- -In hangar around active maintenance operation and equipment
- This is a direct placement, full-time salaried position.
- Regular hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 4:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as Job duties demand.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)