Reporting to the President, Metrea Algorithmics (MAX) and supporting the Electromagnetic and Space Group (EMSG) Leadership Team, the MAX, Head of Programs is responsible for (1) Supporting the program management of the EMSG, i.e. that of designing and building best-in-class program and project management methodologies in the business units to include processes, systems, and people, as well as (2) Oversight management of all MAX programs, provide guidance in programmatics to the team, and act as a liaison to program customers. The MAX Head of Programs is a member of MAX and is a key contributor to the formation and execution of enterprise strategy to EMSG business unit. As a member of MAX, the Head of Programs has managerial responsibilities that demand clear communication and presentation skills, as well as the ability to develop trusting relationships with senior and junior teammates across the enterprise. This position provides the opportunity to grow business knowledge in a dynamic, ever-evolving aerospace company.
The MAX, Head of Programs supports and coordinates with Metrea Aerospace Management (MAM), while working closely with the EMSG Leadership Team, ensuring transparency in Program and Project Management methodologies and processes across Metrea.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each duty listed below satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MAX Head of Programs
RESPONSIBILITIES: Developing the MAX Capability (“ΟΝ”)
Process, Systems & Frameworks Implementation: Assist in the design, development, and management of the MAX and EMSG’s programs with particular focus on the implementation of effective, efficient, and scalable processes that assist in execution of the business, customer and mission support, and development of new technologies.
Implement the necessary program and project management frameworks and models, and in partnership with Metrea’s Operations team, acquire and implement the systems that will best facilitate process automation and decision support from tactical to strategic levels across the group.
People Development: Identify areas of growth in MAX’s knowledge, skillsets, and attitudes, and develop a systematic approach to professional development and talent acquisition in order to build a high-performing team.
Technology Development: Identify areas of the technology roadmap framework related to program and project management for MAX.
TEAMMATE RESPONSIBILITIES: Providing Support Capacity across Metrea (“IN”)
Strategy BCA: Support the Strategy (STRAT) BCA to inform enterprise strategy with key MAX considerations and remain an active participant on all major enterprise strategy decisions, to include the commencement of new business lines or the cessation of extant ones, the acquisition or disposal of key assets or business units, and all investment decisions for all kinds of assets (hardware, software, technologies, IP, businesses, etc.).
Work closely with the STRAT/Investment team to support potential investment assessments, where these involve strategic acquisitions. Support the STRAT/Research team in areas of research requiring related subject matter experts (SMEs). Direct the research team to conduct supporting research for MAX-related projects or interests.
Support the STRAT/Risk team by informing all programmatic, portfolio, or business risk exposure dashboards with Group risks, as well as by supporting risk mitigation efforts.
Operations BCA: Work closely with MAM to inform the design, implementation, and further development of Metrea’s Program and Project Management methodologies and to support the EMSG’s overall growing system needs.
Legal BCA: In coordination with the EMSG, provide LEG/Compliance with the MAX Program’s inputs that are required to perform all necessary compliance functions and ensure that Metrea’s compliance policies cover all known requirements.
As required, and in coordination with the EMSG, work closely with LEG/Contracts to ensure that contract structuring & economics supports business objectives and customer requirements.
Market Engagement Support: Support market engagement efforts where required, where your subject matter expertise, customer knowledge or intimacy may help Metrea mitigate any known risk and progress its prospects. Enhance Metrea’s Market Engagement efforts by supplementing Strategy’s cueing and tasking of our Market Engagement Teams (METs) by directly engaging with enabling or decisive stakeholders. Represent the company, as required, in external fora or venues.
Risk Management Support: Actively participate in reviewing and understanding MAX’s risk exposure (REX) to target and shape internal programs and future acquisitions which positively contribute to an appropriate and balanced overall exposure. Actively contribute to program risk exposure assessment and management by contributing with your unique perspective and experience around market, and particularly customer-related risks, such as those emanating from the requirements, programmatic, contracting, funding, legislation, regulation, policy, and other related layers and sub-layers.
- 10+ years of program leadership, management to include financial, schedule, risk, scope management, and staff planning.
- Create and drive the direction, strategy and reporting of project management competency for the organization.
- Ensure PM competency development of all PM staff and the expansion of PM general knowledge across the organization through various learning and development initiatives and services.
- Act as a central hub for project management, provide oversight, best practice, project management systems, standards, guidance, and tools while providing advisory and coaching support of PM staff and stakeholders.
- Foster and cultivate strong relationships across various levels of the organization, both internal and external, to identify their needs and seek a range of potential business outcomes.
- Manage KPIs/Project Management metrics to ensure alignment withing the division/organization.
- Possess vast experience managing multimillion-dollar programs across multiple organizations.
- Understand, track, and articulate issues/risks; work with responsible owners to address items in a timely basis; update appropriate stakeholders/clients as needed.
- Serve as the contractor’s single contract manager and shall be the contractor’s authorized interface with the Government Contracting Officer (CO), Government management personnel, and customer agency representatives.
- Apply significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Proven organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills with a successful record of delivering large scale, complex, enterprise-wide systems, and solutions.
- Experience with analyzing program-specific financial metrics to conduct accurate forecasting, projections, and monitoring actuals against plans.
- Experience with various system engineering lifecycle methodologies including waterfall, spial, and Agile.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of FAR and DFARS clauses as they pertain to Government contracts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, development and managing executive-level documentation, reports, whitepapers, proposals, and briefings.
- In depth knowledge of analyzing program-specific financial metrics to conduct accurate forecasting, projections, and monitoring actuals against plans.
- Must be able to interface with mid-level to senior external/internal customers and have excellent presentation skills.
- Must be able and willing to operate against deadlines with accuracy and a strong attention to detail.
- Must be results-oriented and demonstrate strategic thinking, innovation, flexibility in dealing with changing and ambiguous situations.
- Contribute to comprehensive program and project management analysis, to include financial analysis in support of proposal development or departmental budgeting & forecasting.
- Must be able to work with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal and external impact on the organization.
- PMP certification.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, to include a high level of proficiency in Excel.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess TS/SCI with full scope polygraph.
This role has direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a sedentary role; however, some physical abilities may be required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with typical working hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Hours and work shifts may change in accordance with department and business needs. Exempt employees must have the ability to be on-call and available outside of typical working hours, as business needs require.
Annapolis Junction, MD (primary)
Home Office (alternate, with supervisor approval)
Required Education, Experience and Certificates
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years of experience in program and project management specifically supporting manned and unmanned intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance operations and platforms, and/or associated programs. Basic understanding of electronic warfare and cyberspace operations.
Certificates and Licenses: COVID-19 Vaccination Card; PMP Certification
Computer Skills: Mastery skills in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Seasoned professional in the US Intelligence Community and Department of Defense
Preferred Education, Experience and Certificates
Experience: Government contractor operations; intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) manned and unmanned aerial operations, ground and aerial operations and programs; manned and unmanned ISR training and exercise support, manned aerial operations and services, and all-domain ISR and electronic warfare operations.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Significant experience within the aerospace, defense, security and/or government contracting space in a leadership role managing several programs and/or projects simultaneously.
Expert in capturing customer requirements and developing statements of work (SOW), associated project plans, plans of action and milestones, managing financials, and customer interactions.
Moderate understanding of the policies, processes, priorities, and organization of the US Government in general, and the Department of Defense in particular, around national security matters.
Proven understanding of managing cost-plus fixed fee, firm fixed price, and time and material task orders.
Moderate knowledge of the human terrain around the US Government’s manned ISR and cyberspace community, coupled with extensive personal contacts and a proven ability to generate high-impact networks.
Good understanding items and actions related to program and project management in the field of manned and unmanned aerial platforms, aerial refueling, and/or signals intelligence, defense, and aerospace.
Proven ability to liaise and communicate fluently with military and industry officials. Ability to interact with industry, scientific, technology, military, policy, and finance communities and utilized knowledge gained to support the management of programs.
Ability to communicate effectively across cultures, regions and industries, and experience in working in diverse international environments. Experience managing people and budgets with measurable performance.
Experience understanding and working proposals through US government budget cycles and procurement processes.
Flexibility to travel on short notice, both domestic and internationally highly developed sense of judgement and maturity.
Intellectually curious, with strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with moderate oversight.
Ability to learn new environments and pick up new subjects quickly.
Ability to obtain and filter information and identify key issues relevant to the achievement of long-term strategic goals.
Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
Strong organizational skills, discipline, with a high sense of reliability, discretion, and confidentiality.
Proven ability to work effectively in, and leverage a highly collaborative, matrixed environment to achieve project ends.
Ability to prioritize judiciously and blend flexibility with disciplined execution, to manage competing demands.
Capacity to balance strategic vs. operational mind-sets and results vs. process orientation. Strongly orientated towards performance with solid and consistent ethical compass.
Ability to travel approximately 15 of the time.
Employee must be a US citizen
Metrea Algorithmics (MAX) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.