Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building, and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
We are seeking a highly motivated, technically talented individual, who has a true desire to lead and coach in a dynamic operations environment to support our organization Cold Section Module Center (CSMC). In this role you will be proving direction to skilled bargaining unit employees, leading employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts guided by our Roadmap and Control Tower objectives. Additionally, you will lead sustained improvements in safety, quality, production, material procurement, and cost reduction through the system’s various elements. In conjunction to daily supervisor responsibilities, project management, effective communication and execution with support group members is critical to the department’s success.
- Providing direction to skilled CSMC bargaining unit employees
- Leading employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts
- Lead sustained improvements in safety, quality, production, material procurement, and cost reduction through the system’s various elements.
- Perform daily supervisor responsibilities, project management, effective communication, and execution with support group members including management of hourly employee attendance and approval of timecards
- Establish work schedules considering customer requirements, resource availability and other priorities
- Provide leadership and direction with an emphasis on team building through daily toolbox meetings, effective communications, and in developing an efficient team that is responsive to production requirements and changes
- Work dedicatedly to address issues and engage the workforce in achieving cell goals
- Demonstrate a 100 dedication to Quality, Environment Health and Safety (EHS) and SPS (Standard Production System).
- Understanding and ability to drive quality and customer satisfaction through CORE operating system
- Bachelors Degree in Operations, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience and minimum 3 years prior relevant experience.
- Be able to work 3rd shift hours (11:30 PM – 7:30 AM)
- U.S. citizenship required due to government contracts
- Computer proficiency in Excel and other applications
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Clear, concise, and effective communicator
- Experience working with all levels of management and experience in a union environment
- SAP user experience
- Leadership experience with specialized knowledge or technical/operational practices and/or shop environment experience.
- Highly self-directed, quick learner, with a strong drive for results.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement principles (lean manufacturing, CORE, QCPC, etc.)
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.