Provides technical assistance and support to end users for hardware, software, and systems matters. Troubleshoots and analyzes problems to determine whether problem is caused by hardware, software, or systems. Responds to all requests in a prompt and timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as point of contact to end users for hardware, software and system assistance, requests, inquiries, and/or problem solving; interfaces with end users via phone, instant messaging, email and/or in person.
- Recognizes, researches, isolates, and follows-up on routine user problems, escalating more complex problems to the Analyst and /or Specialist for review and resolution.
- Tracks and logs details of work performed including resolution steps in IT Service Desk incident management system.
- Configures and deploys desktop hardware including PC, laptop and peripherals (including operating system).
- Repairs hardware and software.
- Installs software for deployment.
- Configures or troubleshoots wireless networking and connectivity.
- Configures user accounts, such as Windows and other systems requiring user accounts.
- Assist end users with logon and password issues.
- Responds to questions, applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, systems, and procedures. Assures timely completion of service requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- At least 1 year of related experience.
- Working knowledge of Windows networking and operating system.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Specialty training beyond high school in Information Technology.
- A+ Certificate and certification as a Microsoft Certified Professional preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Makes limited decisions and determines best methods to solve problems by referring to established precedents and policies. Impact of decisions is moderately low.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to move about the work environment.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
- Lift up to 25 pounds as often as up to 35 of the time.
- Able to focus with clear vision at 20 inches or less (computer screen).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Travel up to 10 of the time, including overnight stays.