*** This position is contingent upon contract award
MAG Aerospace is seeking an OCONUS UAS Operations Manager. The UAS Operations Manager will oversee all personnel in multiple locations and be the liaison between the customer and contractor. The Operations Manager will be responsible for organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of OCONUS UAS operational activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Serves as the primary supervisor of Site Managers, UAS Operators, Maintenance Technicians, Imagery Analysts, and various support personnel in multiple OCONUS locations.
- Responsible for overall contract operations within their assigned geographic region and shall be the primary cost, schedule, and performance liaison with the customer’s Mission Coordinator within the region.
- Receive and execute technical taskings from customer.
- Ensure mission requirements and schedules are met, system resources are utilized effectively, and that proper relationships are established between customers and the contractor management team.
- Mentor Site Managers providing guidance and advice in personnel matters.
- Implement and facilitate continuous process improvements.
- Coordinate resolutions to performance-related problems with Site Managers and the customer.
- 6 or more years of experience supervising, leading teams in the execution of UAS ISR Operations.
- Experience supervising a team in a deployed, austere environment.
- Ability to meet and sustain all pre-deployment and deployment medical screening process requirements.
- Capable of planning, coordinating, and directing the activities of administrative, project, and technical personnel.
- Capable of managing and controlling schedules and cost to provide on time, within budget, performance of all aspects of the contractual effort.
- Capable of providing direction for UAS operations and ensuring compliance with all management policies, plans, and procedures.
- Capable of providing recommendations for resolution of technical problems.
- Moderate to advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office SuiteLevel 4 English language fluency
- Fluency in the French language is highly desired.
- Experience working in a heavily regulated and/or audited environment.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college/university
- Proficient with Mission Planner Ground Control Station Software
- Proficient with Trillium - Skylink Payload Software
- Private Pilot License
- Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) Certification
- Military Trained UAS/UAV operator
- Deployment Experience is highly preferred
- Prior military service is highly preferred
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to complete a Background Check
- Must have a current U.S. Passport with expiration greater than one year from date of hire
- Must be physically fit for deployment to an austere environment with no comfort access
- Must successfully complete a deployment physical examination including immunizations.
- Must have willingness/ability to stay on duty for extended periods of time, as mission dictates.
- Be willing to work in hardship and hazardous locations.
- Candidate should expect to be hired on a probationary period for the duration of his/her first OCONUS rotation.
- Willing to share billeting accommodations with multiple members.
- Must adhere to all United Nations and company regulations as applicable.
- 60 or more during the course of the year. Must maintain a flexible travel schedule. Travel which may include austere environments.
- Be willing to travel for long periods of time, work long hours and / or non-regular hours with minimal notice.
The position is contingent upon candidate’s ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional requirements.
Government or customer site-specific requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, except in circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Click below for the “EEO is The Law” and “Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination” supplement posters.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email:Applicant.Assistmagaero.com or call (703) 376-8993.