SkyWest Airlines is the largest regional airline in the United States and partners with four major airline carriers. We have been listed as one of “America’s Best Employers” by Forbes and are known for our industry-leading workforce, exceptional leadership team, and our proven operational and economic performance. Headquartered in St. George, Utah, our SkyWest people in corporate and management positions support the operations to keep SkyWest Airlines operating at the top of the industry. Our team is growing and we’re looking for dedicated individuals who are ready to share their creative talents to help us build our business by putting employees first. You would join a dynamic human resources department that breaks from the norm by supporting forward-thinking, visionary individuals to really make a difference.
We strive to be The Employer of Choice and the Manager of Employee Relations plays an absolutely vital role in achieving that goal. As the Manager of Employee Relations, you will partner with management and employees in order to prevent, resolve, and/or mediate employment issues. It is very challenging work and every single day is different as you are required to modify your approach based on the circumstance, the employee, and the leader’s needs. In this position you are empowered to be on the frontlines, influencing leadership and overall company culture. If this sounds like something you would be passionate about, wed love to hear from you.
- Respond to critical incidents and participate in emergency response as assigned
- Responsible for educating supervisors and employees in areas of employment law and company policy
- Partner with employee representation groups and participate in SEC meetings
- Coordinate and conduct review boards
- Partner with in house counsel and management regarding litigated employment cases
- Answer discrimination complaints at state and federal level
- Represent the company in state and federal mediations, settlement conferences, and fact finding meetings.
- Facilitate responses to unemployment claims, including appeals and hearings
- Respond to employee grievances and conduct internal investigations as needed
- Utilize resources within People Department to resolve complaints and mitigate risk
- Coordinate with other departments on internal investigations as needed
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently, at times with little notice
- Other HR functions as assigned
- Basic knowledge of federal and state employment law
- Strong communication skills both orally and in writing
- Experience in mediation and dispute resolution
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
Required Licenses and Accreditation
- HRCI Professional Human Resources, SHRM-HR certificate, or four year degree in related field
Required Licenses and Accreditation
- Drivers’ License and eligibility to drive company vehicles and/or rent cars
- Ability to obtain additional credentials (SIDA, etc) as needed
- General understanding of the airline industry and regional airline business model
- Solid knowledge of SkyWest Company Policy
- SkyWest leadership experience
- Previous airline HR or similar work experience
Physical and Other Requirements
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel, when required
To apply, please complete the on-line application (you will be contacted if qualified)
This job posting may have an additional video interview requirement. Please monitor your email and junk folder for additional instructions.
SkyWest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants who qualify will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.