Manager, Business Development
AAR WASS •
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for analyzing, cultivating, and developing new business opportunities for AAR Airlift, and will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for such business development.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct Market, Customer, and Competitive analyses; develop company strategy, and design an annual business plan.
- Cultivate customer relationships and develop customer engagement plans.
- Serve as SME on customer requirements, competition, price and cost points, optimal equipment options, and emerging opportunities.
- Receive, research and provide analyses regarding Company aircraft operational capabilities, fleet availability and suitability, potential constraints and pricing
- .Create and execute Capture strategies, including strategic partnerships for long-term business expansion and cost control.
- Serve as liaison between Business Development and Operations, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, and Senior Leadership in order to identify maximum opportunities for capture and proposal.
- Serve as liaison between AAR Airlift and current and potential new customers.Write and edit proposals.
- Present successful contract offerings to program management.
- Collaborate with Corporate leadership on new business opportunities.Identify and articulate to leadership opportunities for corporate social responsibility and community partnerships.
- Conduct and participate in customer discussions and negotiations.
- Attend training and workshops as necessary to stay attuned to the current market and business opportunities.
- Travel as needed to client companies to identify new business opportunities (50%).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university in a related field; or 8 years Business Development experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years experience in Aviation Business Operations to specifically include recent Military Aviation Special Operations experience (within the last two years).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Masters Degree in related field
- Experience in pursuing governmental contracts.
- Excellent marketing and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to persuasively present and represent AAR Airlift.
- Knowledge of computer and use of Microsoft Office suite.
Job Ident #:
Req No. 6400
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC