Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - its our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - were not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think were creating something very special for our team members. Work is why were here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontiers hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the companys signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administrations 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industrys most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
Responsible for providing shift level oversight for all line maintenance activities at the assigned Maintenance base. Coordinates activities between Station Operations, Flight Ops, Flight dispatch, MCC and Inspection departments and the business partner.
- Manage, monitor, and coordinate SMS activities,
- Identify hazards and safety risks
- Provide shift level management, operational control, oversight and procedural guidance
- Develop plans and prioritize maintenance activity to assure safe and expedient aircraft return to service to established schedule
- Escalation of issues/conflicts with achieving daily operational objectives, as appropriate.
- Shift level oversight of compliance with Frontier maintenance manuals and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate, timely, and thorough communications with Maintenance Control and Maintenance Planning to ensure all maintenance is completed on schedule.
- Validate line maintenance aircraft tooling is available, maintained/calibrated, and controlled to meet daily task requirements.
- Manage labor schedules to ensure required capacity; planned and actual
- Ensure timely documentation compliance, including accuracy, entry into the maintenance tracking systems, and submission to Maintenance Records.
- Compliance with CFRs and Frontier policy/procedures, including sick/vacation reporting
- Coordinate charters and field trips, including tooling, parts, materials/hazmat, and manuals
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor agreements or contracts
- Provide direct management of support shops personnel and management of production where applicable
- Coordinate with other organization and departments for optimal safety, compliance, and operational performance
- Prepare performance assessments of direct reports where applicable
- Maintain and track performance KPIs, and report out on KPI data when requested
- Has the authority to determine the Airworthiness of a Frontier Airline Aircraft
- Has the authority to request changes to Frontier Airline Manuals via PCR process
- Has the authority to determine the Serviceability of Frontier Airlines tooling
- Has the authority to Assign Lead and A&P Mechanics to work packages where applicable
- Has the authority to determine manpower required for assigned jobs
- Has the Authority to Assign Field Trips as required
- Has the Authority to determine Maintenance mechanics and Supervisors work schedules where applicable
- Has the Authority to Approve direct reports Vacation time requests where applicable
- Has the Authority and responsibility to enforce contracts and agreements in place related to line MX work groups and vendors where applicable
- Has the Authority to Determine the Man-power requirements for the Maintenance station
- FAA Certificated Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic rating and License
- Working knowledge of 121 Federal Aviation Regulations
- 10 years aircraft line mechanic maintenance experience
- 5 years Supervisor Aircraft line maintenance experience
- Previous experience managing a Line Maintenance Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program
- High School Diploma
- Preferred Bachelors degree in management, engineering or equivalent
- Must have ability to plan, organize, and administrate workloads to subordinates
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A working knowledge of 121 Federal Aviation Regulations
- Ability to manage the Line maintenance Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program
Run/Taxi A320 Family Aircraft, and typical GSE equipment operated at airport and in support of line maintenance operations
Out doors in all weather conditions
Position requires extremely strenuous physical work involving objects in excess of 100 pounds occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently.
Considerable Latitude: The incumbent establishes methods and procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives, and receives guidance in terms of broad goals. Only the final results of work are typically reviewed.
Line Maintenance Supervisors as applicable
Salary Range: $103,200.00 - $129,000.00
At Frontier Airlines, we wholeheartedly support and have a strong commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action. Frontier is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender variance, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, martial status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military, veteran status, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Diversity is an essential part of our success. Our company flourishes because of the unique backgrounds, skills and ideas that our team members contribute every day. We salute and actively recruit veterans. Military experience is valuable and transferable to many of the positions essential to the operations of our airline.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective DOT safety-sensitive employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any DOT safety-sensitive job applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.