Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. We offer a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion. Visit our website at www.rocket.com for more information on how our employees Power the Future.
Aerojet Rocketdyne is currently seeking a Manufacturing & Production Planning Supervisor for our site near Culpeper, in beautiful, rural Orange County, Virginia (1+ hour drive from Washington DC).
What we can offer you:
Inspiring Company Culture - Our people support each other and work together to leave an indelible impact on our nation’s aerospace and defense legacy. Read more about our culture: Careers Aerojet Rocketdyne
Rest and Relaxation - 3 weeks of vacation to start plus separate sick allowance. 9/80 schedule providing for longer weekends. Annual week-long holiday company closure, plus company paid holidays.
Comprehensive Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts, and Wellness
Prepare for the Future - 401(k) with company match
Professional Development - Tuition assistance program, Employee recognition program, and Leadership development program
Employee Resource Groups – Local and Enterprise employee-led volunteer groups to create community, awareness, impact, and to support a culture where everyone belongs.
This position may be filled at this level or one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including of Time for Each)
The Manufacturing & Production Planning Manager accomplishes results through technicians. This position functions as adviser on all projects and tasks assigned to the organizational group.
- 25 - Develop, prioritize, disseminate, and coordinate rocket motor assembly and associated activities, as well as program specific schedules and plans with Operations Management and Supervisors, Program Management, Materials Planning and Purchasing, Process Engineering, Master Schedulers, Propulsion Test, Quality and others as necessary to ensure overall Company and Program-specific goals are achieved. This shall include both production and developmental program activities as applicable. Goals at a minimum will include, On-Time Deliveries, Maestro-Oracle input requirements, EHS metrics, Quality metrics, long-term strategic planning objectives, and short-term schedule requirements.
- 15 - Brief and advise management personnel across the disciplines on all Programs/Projects/Tasks, Work in Progress Status, potential deterrents or barriers to achieving manufacturing/sales goals and objectives, recommendations to enable goals/objectives to be achieved or impacts minimized.
- 15 - Support and implement Aerojet Rocketdyne quality initiatives. Ensure that the team is producing quality parts and that all documentation is correct and properly completed in a timely manner. Follow up on all CAR related items and investigations.
- 15 - Support and implement Aerojet Rocketdyne Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) and Security initiatives. Ensure that the team is working in a safe manner, following company SHE policies and conducts daily AESOP meetings. Initiate Sphera reports where applicable. Ensure that all areas are covered by 6S teams/improvements. Ensure that all area logbooks are maintained and up to date.
- 15 - Generate and maintain training/certification records for direct reports and ensures that training records are up to date and accurate. Training records shall include documentation such as attendance records, testing/demonstration results and training materials used.
- 15 - Support and implement affordability and continuous improvement initiatives. This includes tracking of pertinent process cycle times and cost per unit where applicable. Utilize and document ARBOS tools where applicable.
Requires a Bachelors degree in a related field and at least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience, but candidates who have not completed a related Bachelors degree must have an equivalent combination of education and experience, such as a high school diploma (or equivalence) plus at least thirteen (13) years directly related experience.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to plan, organize, coordinate, direct and control the activities of the assigned organization.
Requires U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency or other status as a U.S. Person. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.