Operations Support Manager (ATAC - Tyndall, AFB)
Airborne Tactical Advantage Company •
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Airborne Tactical Advantage Company business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & atacusa.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
Textron Systems - ATAC provides tactical flight training and adversary aggressor services for U.S. Navy, Marine and Air Force pilots, and is the only organization certified to train the Navy’s TOPGUN program. ATAC operates simultaneously across eight sites and two continents and comprises the world’s largest outsourced civilian, tactical airborne training organization and proudly provides the highest quality live training to Squadrons, Air Wings, and Battle Groups. ATAC was the first civilian organization authorized to train the USAF’s F-22 Raptors.
The Tyndall OL Operations Support Manager is responsible to the Tyndall Director and Deputy Director of Operations for all flight scheduling, airspace coordination, GCI/Baron support, Top Three duties/responsibilities and is required to coordinate with the ACE Director of Flight Operations (DFO) for pilot manning. The Operations Support Manager will be familiar with the Flight Operations Manual (FOM), Mirage F1 operations manual, and ATAC general flight operations to include assisting the Training Manager, Standardization Manager, and the Chief Pilot in their duties.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible to the DO for coordinating pilot manning and scheduling.
- Responsible to the DO for coordinating long range customer scheduling/range space requirements.
- Create and disseminate daily operational customer scheduling for the OL.
- Provide quality customer service in scheduling to our pilot cadre.
- Coordinate with the Pilot Training and Stan/eval managers for currency requirements
- Assist the Chief Pilot/Training Manager/Standardization Manager with their daily tasks and duties.
- Closely monitor operations and maintenance aircraft availability to balance assets with tasking.
- Effectively communicate across the operations and maintenance spectrum to maintain continuity.
- Monitor daily flight operations and schedules to ensure proper execution.
- Aeronautically adaptable for flight operations as an F1 and L-39 aircrew MSO
- Additional duties as assigned by the Vice President
- 8 years’ experience required.
- Previous tactical military aircrew.
- Management and scheduling.
- Customer service.
- Complex operations.
- BS/BA desired
- Excel, W2W (when 2 work), Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Word.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Team player.
- Flexible schedule.
- Occasional travel required.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)