Passenger Service Lead - Ottawa International Airport
Menzies Aviation •
Main Accountabilities Include:
- Leads a team of Passenger Service Agents
- Ensure accuracy of all weight and balance requirements
- Promptly handle all customer service complaints with a focus on positive resolution.
- Complete all check-in procedures including the handling of reservations, ticketing, seat assignments, airport announcements and checking for proper international documentation.
- Ensures tasks are performed in accordance with the Company and Airlines specific procedures and policies.
- Assist customers with special needs and unaccompanied minors.
- When operating jetways, Passenger Service Agents will be required to work at heights of over 15 feet and be responsible for open/closing aircraft doors.
- Must be able to read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous material identification labels, aircraft loading manifests, and baggage and cargo routing tags.
- Ensure the safe and secure operations in accordance with the highest possible standards of health, safety, security and all government statutory requirements
- You may be required to drive and operate small specialized commercial vehicles at times and as such you will require a valid drivers license with a clear driving record.
- Required to attend the mandatory training imposed by the Company and Airlines as per job role.
- Must be able to comfortably and continuously move/lift customer luggage with an average weight of 50 pounds, in some cases exceeded 70 pounds.
- Promote a professional image at all time and comply with company uniform standards
- Leads by example.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legally able to work in Canada;
- Must have high school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience;
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English;
- Must complete and pass initial new hire classroom and on-the-job training
- Valid G or G2 driver's license with good driving record.
- Must be able to hold and maintain all required airport security clearance
- Reliability, our customer and your fellow employees rely on you
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays;
- Must be comfortable working in an airport environment
- Position requires long periods of time at the ticket counter and gate check-in areas; must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)