Job Title: Safety Coordinator/Manager (Aviation)
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
FEAM is the MRO leader in aircraft line maintenance engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the line maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network, and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft including B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers the best innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.
FEAM Aero is currently seeking an experienced Safety Coordinator/Manager (Aviation) to join our Los Angeles (LAX) team. We pride ourselves on consistently exceeding our customers’ expectations and creating lifelong relationships with our clientele. The Safety Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Safety & Quality and will assist with the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the Safety Management System (SMS) in compliance with established Company, regulatory, and industry standards. The Safety Manager serves as the primary contact for all safety issues relating to FEAM operations for their assigned region.
- Ensures compliance with applicable rules, regulations, organizational standards, safety, security, and quality in all company operations.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the FEAM’s SMS, hazard identification, and safety risk assessment processes and procedures.
- Develops and implement appropriate occupational safety programs to correct and prevent unsafe working conditions and reduce the frequency of work-related incidents and injuries.
- Models and promote an organizational culture that fosters safety practices through effective leadership.
- Investigates safety-related events such as aircraft incidents/near misses, employee injuries, and ramp safety events.
- Identifies and evaluates root cause(s) of identified hazards, near misses, incidents/accidents, auditing findings, and operational risks.
- Assures the mitigation or elimination of identified hazards and risks.
- Coordinates change management activities, risk assessments, and safety analysis.
- Tracks, trends, and manages pertinent safety data using database software.
- Monitor and report to management on all company activities that may have an impact on safety.
- Performs Management Review presentations on FEAM’s safety performance.
- Administers safety-related audits and inspections.
- Monitor and evaluate the results of corrective actions.
- Ensure that risk assessments are conducted when applicable.
- Manages publication and safety promotion of periodic safety newsletters and briefings.
- Develop and update Emergency Response Plans (ERP) across the organization.
- Facilitates periodic emergency response drills and exercises.
- Responsible for the development/revision of training program materials for safety, security, and emergency response programs.
- Provide general safety and SMS training to employees.
- Foster positive relationships with operational personnel, senior managers and departmental heads throughout the organization, regulatory authorities, agencies, and service providers outside the organization.
- Process and serve as a gatekeeper for all safety reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Safety or related field.
- Four (4) or more years of experience in aviation safety or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA regulations, and 14 CFR Part 145 & 121 operations and environment.
- Must be able to work irregular work hours as needed.
- US citizenship or permanent resident status is required.
- A&P certificate and/or Commercial Pilot certificate are a plus.
- Formal education in Safety Management Systems is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly shifting priorities.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment and make appropriate decisions and determinations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to write effective reports, business correspondence, and manuals.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Possess a high degree of proficiency with MS Office products (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Compensation and Benefits:
FEAM Aero, in addition to a good working environment and competitive pay, it is FEAM’s policy to provide a combination of supplemental benefits to all eligible full-time employees. FEAM offers Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans. Vacation and sick time, short and long-term disability, accidental insurance, supplemental life, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), and Critical Illness Insurance.
Additionally, FEAM places special emphasis on technical training. FEAM is a leader in EASA Level Technical Aviation Training Globally. FEAM is one of very few U.S. MRO organizations that provides EASA 147 maintenance training. In addition to the competitive benefits, FEAM offers -4 day and -3-day work weeks for some positions.
FEAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.