Satellite Manager (Minneapolis, MN)
West Star Aviation •
Serve as the primary point-of-contact and manage all aspects of the satellite operation. This position is located on site at the West Star Aviation facility located in MSP with some travel needed to meet or exceed customer, people, financial, quality and safety standards. Occasional attendance may be required for key industry events and/or customer outings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the development and ongoing management of MSP satellites operations including manpower staffing, customer relations and support, shop tooling/supplies, quality and safety.
- Ensure on-call / after-hours process is developed to ensure sufficient rotation of assignments between technicians along with customer support for pre/post flight checks and AOG situations.
- Ensure adequate technician hiring, training and development of the team at the MSP satellite to ensure work is performed at the highest technical levels and in accordance with aircraft specific maintenance manuals, WSA standard operating procedures, repair station manuals, quality and safety standards.
- Ensure aircraft schedules are developed from pre-planning, to aircraft delivery and follow-up to support on time deliveries.
- Communicate with Billing for the review and approval of final invoices.
- Coordinate with Accounting, Quality, HR, IT and Purchasing for support out of the ALN location.
- Oversee standard employee management duties such as performance and compensation planning, on the job training and development. Provide recommendations on all other employment matters such as hiring, disciplinary issues, promotions and terminations.
- Encourage and promote a safe work environment to include proper use of all PPE, operation of ground support equipment, aircraft systems and general housekeeping.
- Critical to the success of the MSP satellite will be taking an active role in technical sales, quoting / quote approval, troubleshooting aircraft or systems as-needed, and coordinating engineering support especially related to avionics installations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates / Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Technology is required; a valid A&P license is highly desired.
- 10 years progressive aircraft maintenance or avionics experience in a part 145 service center environment along with 10 years of experience leading teams.
- Strong knowledge of part 145 Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers and all levels of the WSA management team.
- Ability to modify communication, tone, and presentation to defuse crisis situations with customers, employees and / or other departments and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)