VC-25B General Aircraft Mechanic (Experienced/Senior)
The Boeing Company •
We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. This is a unique opportunity to work on a Boeing Development Program for 747-8 modifications in San Antonio, Texas. Candidates will be required to relocate to San Antonio, Texas as a condition of employment.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment.
- Perform end-of-runway, post-flight, preflight, thru-flight, and phase inspections.
- Uses technical data to diagnose and solve maintenance problems on aircraft systems.
- Interprets maintenance procedures and policies to repair aircraft and related equipment.
- Troubleshoots and maintains aircraft structures, systems, components, and related equipment.
- Removes and installs aircraft components.
- Conducts functional tests of repaired components and systems.
- Adjusts, aligns, and rigs aircraft systems.
- Performs aircraft jacking, lifting, and towing operations.
- Performs aircraft and component operational checks.
- Inspects and checks components for clearances, tolerances, proper installation, and operation.
- Inspects and identifies aircraft corrosion for prevention and repair.
- Reviews maintenance forms, aircraft records, automated maintenance data systems, and historical reports to ensure complete documentation.
- Inventories and maintains aircraft equipment.
- Technician will be required to assemble, disassemble, and/or modify systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes in accordance with engineering drawings, technical publication, and retrofit drawings.
- Maintain, repair and modify aircraft and components of high difficulty.
- Maintain and repair aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components
- Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve complex problems
- The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain certifications required for assigned work.
- Responsible for the proper performance of assignments and the prudent handling of product, tools and equipment.
- Assists lower level Mechanics.
- Perform all duties of lower level Mechanic classifications as required to successfully accomplish assignments.
- Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
- Perform necessary drilling, riveting, assembly or subassembly, including bonding and sealing as required.
- Use any and all precision measuring instruments, gauges, tools, etc., necessary to check machine readiness and to check completed parts for finish, dimensions and conformance to quality requirements.
- Perform all tasks involved in the coordination, preparation, and movement of material and tools.
- Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
- Work with Engineering, Planning, research engineers, etc. to originate and develop new procedures, techniques and production aids to facilitate equipment operations and to support design and implementation of new products.
- The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Standard Relocation Package
Relocation assistance, if needed, has been authorized in accordance with this position.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Position requires more than 5 years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
- Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices, electrical/electronic theories and avionics systems sufficient to perform assigned duties.
- Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures.
- Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
- Current US security clearance at the secret level or higher; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal.
- Experience with VIP, business jets, or specialty aircraft interiors installations within the last ten (10) years.
- FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power plant AND minimum of six (6) years’ experience is preferred.
High school diploma or GED and typically 4 or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Non-SJC, Production & Maintenance
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)