A. Education Level:
1. High School graduate required; Associates degree or higher preferred.
2. Department of Defense (DOD), Pro-Board, or International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) certification required.
a. Fire Fighter II required.
b. Airport Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF) required.
c. Haz-Mat Operations required.
c. Driver Operator ARFF/Pumper/Mobile Water Supply preferred
d. Current Emergency Medical Technician Basic (EMT-B) certification is required and shall be issued by State Agency or National Registry (NREMT)
e. Current American Heart Association (AHA) CPR/First Aid certification required.
1. Demonstrated experience in the operation of firefighting vehicles and equipment and administering of emergency medical aid.
2. 2 years Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) experience required.
3. 5 years Firefighter & EMT (3yrs. of aircraft firefighting experience with 2 years in a journey-level position-desired).
C. Specific knowledge, skill, and ability requirements:
1. Considerable knowledge of aircraft rescue and firefighting techniques, practices and equipment.
2. Skilled in the use, monitoring, and management of emergency medical treatment equipment and devices associated with emergency medical treatment of personnel.
3. Working knowledge of the design and characteristics of military and civilian rotary wing aircraft.
4. Working knowledge of exit and safety procedures of various military and civilian rotary wing aircraft, and structural fire/alarm detection/suppression systems.
5. Ability to quickly perform all functions in difficult and hazardous situations, without hesitation, and with little or no direction from superiors.
6. Ability to comprehend and apply instructions and communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
7. Ability to learn and apply aircraft rescue and firefighting techniques and practices.
8. Ability to respond to potentially dangerous situations and make quick and sound decisions.
9. Ability to perform physically demanding work and withstand very hazardous conditions.
10. Skill in the operation of aircraft rescue and firefighting equipment, tools and vehicles, including highly specialized firefighting apparatus. Possesses a valid driver’s license.
11. Ability to effectively communicate with the customer in a professional and courteous manner.
12. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
13. As part of the selection process, a physical will be conducted. Candidates must have normal color discrimination, visual acuity correctable to 20/20 in one eye, 20/30 in the other eye and not more than 20/200, each eye, uncorrected. Candidates must not have any record of pyro phobia, acrophobia or claustrophobia.