• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (expectation of evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Manager of Dispatch
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: No travel is expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Dispatch/OCC Coordinator, you will work cohesively with other agencies to ensure safe and reliable flight operations. You will directly impact PSA’s on time departures and flight completion, making sure our customers are delivered to their destination safely and on time.
• Maintain operational reliability, completion factor and on-time performance goals while adhering to Federal Regulations and prudent safety practices.
• Formulate and introduce strategy involving aircraft routing and crew scheduling; act as the central collector for options and alternative plans and then act with clear direction based on those plans.
• Implement and coordinate emergency procedures in case of an incident/accident involving a Company aircraft.
• Coordinate with agencies and listed personnel in accordance with Federal Regulations, American Eagle Group, and PSA Airlines, Inc. procedures.
• Provide necessary oversight of all OCC personnel on shift and assist dispatchers in the execution of their duties as needed.
• Assist the Manager of Dispatch in maintaining dispatch processes as dictated by Federal Regulation and the Company Operations Manual, ensuring compliance in all areas.
• Provide assistance with other OCC responsibilities deemed necessary by the Director, Operations Control Center.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.