SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
APPRENTICE STARLINK PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to date, the Starlink satellite constellation, is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are looking for talented technicians to help full-scale production of the Starlink satellites.
The success of Starlink depends on the quality, reliability, cost, manufacturability, throughput, and security of the products that you deliver. If you seek a fast-paced, dynamic environment; if you thrive on solving difficult problems where resolutions have high impact; and if you love the challenge of building something from scratch, then this role will be an ideal next career step.
- Mechanical/electrical assembly of satellite components, subassemblies, and integration of final vehicle assemblies
- Mechanical/electrical assembly of PCB assemblies into product chassis
- Build small electrical sub-assemblies
- Build-up battery cell modules
- Build solar modules and solar arrays
- Wire harnessing
- Solder and desolder through-hole and SMT components
- Support conformal coat, masking, epoxy application and coating
- Run functional testing of built hardware, including setup, instrumentation, test execution, and teardown
- Operate complex automated equipment, including troubleshooting and maintenance
- Support the development of prototype test capabilities for spacecraft component development and life tests
- Assist in the identification, installation and implementation of test equipment, instrumentation and data acquisition systems
- Ensure lab equipment is maintained and calibrated, track calibration schedules
- Responsible for some preventative maintenance activities on test equipment and data acquisition systems
- Identify test equipment requirements for planned tests, maintain test consumables inventory, and develop test procedures and processes accordingly
- Perform test setups as needed to support developments across several test regimes - thermal, shock, thermal vacuum, vibration
- Manage schedule priorities and independently executing work to meet company deliverables