ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review aircraft design data and apply effective GD&T techniques to tool designs ensuring repeatability, control & conformity of final aircraft product features
- Process physical tools by measuring them against tool design data owned by Eclipse but possibly coming in from outside Eclipse in multiple languages and file formats
- Measure and evaluate tools using numerical measurement techniques such as with an articulating arm and/or laser tracker to produce inspection data and perform ongoing maintenance activities; measurement software is Verisurf
- Perform the physical rework, maintenance and upgrades to tools, including re-surfacing & doweling of index surfaces and points, adjusting location of major tools on the production floor, etc.
- Aid in the scheduling of calibration of measurement devices
- Participate in root cause and corrective action processes as they relate to tools
- Process tool design requests from the product engineers by turning ideas and words into effective designs using Siemens NX CAD modeling software & Teamcenter data manager
- Aid in sourcing of the tool designs (e.g. “make” and “buy” decisions)
- Communicate with other types of Engineers and Production to solve Design For Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) issues to improve the production process
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in a related field; 5+ years applicable experience may be substituted for a degree
- Possess working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Able to translate complex concepts into easily understood terms, presentations & designs
- Able to take direction and complete assignments with minimal supervision
- Possess practical knowledge of engineering techniques, capability of machinery and machining techniques, fixtures and materials (aluminum, steel & plastics), and have excellent basic math, trigonometry and geometry skills
- Experience in tool design using 3D CAD modeling techniques (Siemens NX)
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills, and apply sound engineering judgment in the completion of assignments
- Be able to provide status on tasks and be agile & willing when there is a quick need to adjust
- Be physically capable of performing tool modifications and rework
- General aviation and/or aerospace
- Additive manufacturing technologies, materials, limitations & practical use (3D printing)
- Software such as Verisurf, Teamcenter, SAP & Siemens NX
- FARO equipment such as FARO arms and/or laser trackers
- Prior Eclipse experience
- Be a hands-on individual willing and capable of getting dirty
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Employee will need to work near moving mechanical parts and machinery, in loud working conditions. Working Conditions will be both in climate controlled environments, as well as in the natural elements, as the nature of the position dictates that some of the activities associated with this position will be performed both inside and outside of a controlled structure.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel may be required
REPORTS TO: Manager, Production
SCHEDULE: T-F / exempt position with a minimum work week of 40 hours
SALARY RANGE: $70,00 - $95,000
At Eclipse Aerospace, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on the revolutionary aircraft that began the Very Light Jet category of aircraft. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in aviation as demonstrated by the Eclipse Jet winning the 2005 Collier Trophy as that year’s “greatest achievement in aeronautics and astronautics in America”. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve on the Eclipse Jets for the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to keep our Eclipse Jets at the forefront of aviation. Our employees are not only part of history, they continue making history.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Eclipse provides a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time off (holidays, vacation and sick time)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check which includes a pre-employment drug screen. Qualified candidates with a criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law, and local ordinances.
Eclipse Aerospace Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Eclipse Aerospace, please contact us at email@example.com.