Planeside Representative - LAX
Western Global Airlines •
The Planeside Representative is responsible for the day to day station operations involving cargo handling, aircraft ground handling and airport use, and to ensure safe, efficient, cost effective, and on-time aircraft movements in accordance with governing regulations and company policies.
- Coordinating with customers, vendors, and headquarters to ensure on time operations.
- Responsible for all work to be completed at the location.
- Coordinates all facets of ground services at the location.
- Including but not limited to: ground equipment, cargo equipment, fueling, catering, crew transportation, lavatory servicing, and water servicing where appropriate.
- Coordinates and arranges all standard agreements with all third-party vendors at the responsible location.
- Coordinates all airport functions at the responsible location to include: landing rights, landing reports, parking assignments, space lease agreements.
- Maintains flight details and timeline of events and reports back to the operations center after each flight.
- Act as the Ground Security Coordinator.
- Maintains and coordinates with customers at the local station level.
- Signatory authority and controls badging at the assigned airport.
- 1-year experience in air carrier or equivalent work experience/training
- Take action, as deemed necessary, to resolve any problems or situations that may compromise safety or company policies
- Willingness to work off schedule shifts as necessary.
- Oversees and monitors station vendor and supplier contracts to ensure compliance with all contractual terms, corporate service level goals and objectives and regulatory compliance.
- Works with Crew Scheduling on crew or loadmaster schedules and travel matters.
- Works with Chief Pilot on crew related matters.
- Works with Quality Assurance and Safety departments on vendor audits and training.
- Works with Safety and Security Department on all matters related to security and badging.
- Interfaces with local airport authorities and federal agencies, including but not limited to, TSA, CBP, and APHIS, to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Meets regularly with local customer and vendor management to review operations, identify opportunities for improvement and address issues.
- Supports Director of Planning and Ground Services with the preparation of an operating budget and ensures costs are maintained within the budget.
- Shall positively support and promote safety, security, and quality as a fundamental function of the overall responsibility.
If you are looking for a fascinating, challenging, and meaningful career in the airline industry, we encourage you to contact us. We take pride in finding and hiring the best people and providing them with opportunities to grow and excel.
- Bachelor's degree in business or aviation preferred.
- 1+ year as a Planeside Representative or related airline function required.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Office experience required.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)