Aircraft Painter Sr. , Savannah, GA - LONG TERM- NO TOOLS REQUIRED
Strom Aviation •
Seeking Senior Aircraft Painters in Savannah, GA
The Senior Aircraft Painter works independently to safely prepare, paint and detail aircraft according to schedule using company quality standards and operating procedures. Act on behalf of the Lead in their absence and provide assistance and work direction to other painters. Essential Functions:
Additional Functions: 1. Comply with Paint shop standard practices (SPT) process and WFR processes. 2. Mentor other members of Paint operations as required. 3. Offer continuous improvement ideas/participate in continuous improvement activities. 4. Perform other duties as required.
- Safely perform aircraft preparation, painting, and detailing of aircraft under minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
- Assist supervision with assignment and accomplishment of work for assigned team members.
- Promote high standards of quality through instruction and by setting a good example for other painters to follow.
- Act on behalf of supervision as required.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as dual action sanders, hydraulic lift platforms and paint sprayers.
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, paint strippers and corrosion-preventive chemicals and use protective equipment as required.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures and be alert for unsafe conditions.
- Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Assist with aircraft movement in hangars.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Unique Skills: 1. Mask, sand, and prepare aircraft for paint application. 2. Apply glazing and sealing compounds in preparation for final painting. 3. Operate and maintain all types of preparation and priming equipment. Mix paints and primers. 4. Perform leading edge sealant work in final detail
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Thorough and complete understanding of the GAMPS, paint operations SPT manual and paint WFR.
- Four (4) years experience in related paint processes.
- Aircraft industry experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of paint processes and products (lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and acrylics) is necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC