In the past six (6) years, must have three (3) years experience in corrosion identification, removal, treatment, and preservation on aircraft and aircraft components. Must have satisfactorily completed a resident 40-hour course of instruction, removal, prevention and treatment. Aircraft painters must, in addition to the above, have successfully completed a resident 80-hour course of instruction on naval aircraft painting and touch-up equivalent to the Naval Aviation Depot (NADEP) paint course (or equivalent).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Must be able to work weekends, other shifts and overtime as required.
- The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
- Some travel will be required.
- Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instruction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and Company Proprietary data.
This classification activity is usually accomplished in an aircraft hangar environment and as such requires the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with this activity. May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus. Must be able to have a safe fit around the face for a full respirator.
Must successfully pass a company physical prior to employment/promotion and annually thereafter.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. May be exposed to electrical shock hazards.
Licensing, Certification Requirements:
- Formal/Specialized Training or Equivalent
- Hazardous Waste Communications Trained
- FOD and TCP Awareness Trained
- Security Clearance Awareness Training
- COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 Program Awareness
- High School Degree or equivalent
- AS 9110/ISO 9001 Program Awareness
- OOMA/NALCOMIS System Trained
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Support Equipment Operators Certification
- Collateral Duty Inspector (may be required)#
- Respirator Trained and Fitted/with Paint Physical
- Egress System Checkout
- Aircraft Brake Rider Certified
- Operational Risk Management (ORM) Training
- Aircraft Towing Certified