Paint Technician-All Levels
West Star Aviation •
This hourly, non-exempt position requires an advanced knowledge of the paint process. The job includes varying amounts of general mechanical applications as listed below. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Paint Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Ensure masking is complete. Sand primer if necessary. Blow aircraft and clean with thinner. Wash paint booth. Apply top coat (three coats). Layout stripe scheme and mask for trim colors. Prep and scuff paint for trim paint. Re-mask aircraft and detail aircraft. Inspect completed paint or strip / sand job. Mix paint. Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Education and Background
High school diploma or equivalent / GED. Technical certificate in automotive collision
repair technology or equivalent on the job work experience. Must possess a valid drivers license and/or US Passport. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen along with a background check to include motor vehicle records. Must be able to travel as explained in the job description to complete initial training on one of the dates listed for the duration of time required in Grand Junction, CO.
Experience Strip Shop
- Paint Tech I: 0 – 2 years experience stripping,
- sanding and priming corporate or commercial aircraft or the equivalent (ie
- customized vehicle, boat, motorcoach).
- Paint Tech II: 3 – 5 years experience as listed above.
- Paint Tech III: 5 or more years of experience as listed above.
- Paint Tech I: 0 – 2 years experience, stripping, sanding, priming and painting corporate or commercial aircraft or the equivalent (ie customized vehicle, boat, motorcoach).
- Paint Tech II: 3 – 5 years experience as listed
- Paint Tech III: More than 5 years experience painting corporate aircraft to specifically include aircraft layout / design experience; comparable experience laying out paint design on highly customized vehicle, boat or motorcoach maybe considered.
- Self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and maintain a rapid pace. Quality oriented.
Must perform all work in accordance with Federal
Aviation Administration guidelines. Assist with painting, painting base coat and layout. Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties. Maintain customer oriented work habits.
Physical Requirements Able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs. Routine walking, bending and squatting or sitting. Work standing on ladder or scaffold. Pass pulmonary physical prior to employment. Pass respiratory fit test, as you must wear protective gear.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)