***Applicants to this posting are eligible to participate in the FedEx Purple Runway Pathways Program***
Join an innovative airline with over 40 years of history. Empire Airlines, known for our “WE CAN DO THAT!” attitude, is looking for a FedEx Feeder Part 121 ATR Captain to join our team.
Empire Airlines has been a FedEx Feeder operator since 1988 providing flight and maintenance services throughout the Western United States. Our fleet
consists of ATR 42, ATR 72 and Cessna Caravan 208 aircraft throughout our 18 domiciles servicing over 40 cities.
Employee benefits include PTO, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, travel benefits, paid holidays, healthy lifestyle incentives, referral program, and other optional benefits. For eligible employees, we also offer Known Crewmember (KCM) and CASS (jump seat) benefits.
IMPORTANT: For consideration, please apply at https://empireairlines.com/home/careers/cargo-feeder-operations/
The ATR Captain will be responsible for the safe, smooth and efficient operation of the aircraft in compliance with Empire Airlines policies and procedures, and FAA regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely maneuver aircraft in all phases of flight; check all conditions concerning the flight, including weather, cargo safety and verify go/no-go decision; verify fuel requirements and related weather variables and assure proper loading; make alternate destination decisions should the intended destination not be available.
- Command and lead in all situations as they arise during the flight; maintain responsibility for all communications with stations, towers, flight controllers and dispatchers; file all reports required by the FAA and report any unusual behavior of the aircraft to dispatch or maintenance personnel; maintain proper records of flight hours in conjunction with Dispatch to assure proper FAA rest requirements and Company directives are met;
- Supervise and evaluate staff; maintain familiarity and knowledge of new concepts and innovations, changes in regulations, procedures and improvements concerning the safe operations of all Company aircraft; maintain full knowledge of all applicable policies, procedures, manuals, handbooks and protocol; serve as a positive, constructive, communicative leader.
- Review Company bulletins and other correspondence, e-mails and voicemail on a daily basis; submit all transmittals, expense reports and other Company documents/correspondence accurately and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Serve as positive role model for ethical behavior, and promote and support the mission of Empire Airlines.
- Other related duties as assigned.