B757 Direct Entry Captain
Ravn Alaska •
Position Type: Permanent
- Starting pay is a $15,087 monthly guarantee
- 15-day rotational schedule with preferential bidding
- Travel guaranteed from our approved gateway airports: Newark (EWR), Orlando (MCO), Las Vegas (LAS), Ontario (ONT), Oakland (OAK), and Anchorage (ANC)
The New Pacific Airlines Direct Entry Captain (or Pilot-in-Command/PIC) safely operates Company aircraft according to regulations and established policies and procedures, accepting responsibility for the safety of all crewmembers, passengers, and/or cargo on board when the aircraft doors are closed. The PIC is accountable to the Chief Pilot for the operation of each flight under their command and works diligently to complete each operation safely and efficiently. This position is expected to uphold safety while performing flight crew duties and fulfilling the responsibilities expected of a New Pacific Airlines employee. Other responsibilities aligned with New Pacific Airlines Core Values include but are not limited to:
- Upholding safety by ensuring all work is accomplished in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs) and the Companies manuals. For example, confirming that an exterior aircraft inspection is properly performed by a member of the flight crew before each flight.
- Maintaining a strong safety-focused environment by encouraging input from crewmembers and dispatch personnel on all aspects relating to the safe operation of the aircraft and performance of crew duties, promoting fundamental Crew Resource Management (CRM) with ongoing communications involving all personnel during each active flight duty period.
- Assuming responsibility for coordinating tasks at outstations, when appropriately trained, to include fueling, bag handling, cargo handling, and deicing because of our commitment to a successful team effort.
- Promoting commitment by engaging in courteous and respectful interactions with customers, supervisors, co-workers, and business associates.
- Cultivating integrity by calmly and professionally handling stressful situations that may arise, relying on training techniques and tools to manage each scenario as appropriate.
- Acting with integrity when following established regulations, policies, and procedures to ensure personal fitness is satisfactory and compliant and that duties will not be impeded.
- Promoting connectedness by participating in company and department initiatives to provide passengers with the highest customer service and seeking ways to provide a consistently positive flying experience for community members.
- Maintaining reliability in operation by ensuring the aircraft is equipped with all required systems and components for its designated operations prior to originating a flight or a series of flights and remains airworthy until termination of the flights.
The successful candidate has excellent customer service skills, team member qualities, leadership competencies, and the required certifications and experience the position requires. Other qualifications include:
- Must possess High School Diploma/GED.
- Must possess all current ratings to operate commercial aircraft for a Part 121 operation, including an FAA Airline Transport Pilot certificate.
- Must have a minimum of 7,000 hours on multi-crew, multi-engine aircraft. Only time in the operating seat of a turboprop and/or turbojet aircraft can be counted, not flight simulator time.
- Must have a minimum of 3000 hours PIC on multi-crew, multi-engine commercial jet aircraft with MTOW of 50 tons/100,000 lbs. or more.
- Must have recent operating experience as a Captain on an aircraft such as B737, A320, or larger.
- Must have a valid FAA First Class Medical.
- Must not have any accidents, incidents, or records of any Certificate Action or Administrative Action with any International Civil Aviation Administrator (FAA, CAA, JCAB, etc.) within the prior 30 months.
- Must have a valid passport and the ability to travel in and out of the United States, including to Canada.
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the position, which require the ability to lift and maneuver 20 lbs. regularly, and may involve lifting and maneuvering up to 65 lbs.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must have a strong safety awareness and the ability to adhere to Safety Management Systems (SMS).
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check and drug test.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English fluently.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
- Must be comfortable working in an airport environment around odors and sounds typically associated with operating aircraft.
Find your true north. Join New Pacific Airlines today!
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)