Certified Flight Instructor
Parkland College •
Institute of Aviation Certified Flight Instructor (Adjunct)
Depends on Qualifications
IL 61874, IL
Full-Time, Faculty, Non-Tenure
Institute of Aviation Certified Flight Instructor teaches students in aircraft, assessment of student performance, conducting stage checks and supervising flying activities. The Certified Flight Instructor is an adjunct, 175-Day, grant-funded, exempt position. Annual renewal of position is contingent on grant funding levels.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide individual flight instruction to students enrolled in Aviation Flight courses, including preflight/post flight briefings as well as maintaining the training records of assigned students.
- To assist faculty as needed in teaching aeronautical and aircraft systems classes leading to FAA Pilot certificates and Ratings.
- Perform professional duties in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the college.
- Provide classroom instruction in accordance with the stated philosophy, objectives, and established course outlines of the college.
- Inform students of course regulations, evaluation procedures, and other information pertinent to the course; prepares a course syllabus for each course and distributes it early in each term.
- Available for student advising/mentoring.
- Maintain regular office hours to ensure availability for student consultation; provide assistance to students in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate scholastic records of students; submit required reports on student progress according to published deadlines.
- Participate in departmental governance, including curriculum development, instructional materials selection, and academic assessment.
- Participate in college-wide shared governance, including Parkland College Association (PCA) Senate, its committees, administrative committees, and accreditation committees.
- Participate in student recruitment and retention efforts.
- Participate in professional development activities related to discipline knowledge and/or teaching skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Institute of Aviation Director/Chief Pilot.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Hold a current FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating and FAA Certified Flight Instructor-Airplane Certificate.
- Ability to learn the Parkland information system and new programs as technology changes.
- Master's Degree.
- Hold a current FAA Flight Instructor Certificate with Instrument Rating.
- FAR 141 experience within a College/University flight program.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)