Take a look at CAE now!
Interested in a new adventure? Review our updated qualifications and benefits of working at CAE:
Why should you join us?
- Flexible vacation policy and schedule – Your time off is your time off and you will be able to spend more time with your loved ones!
- Top Technology – Working with cutting edge technology, significant money has been put into new technology development.
- You can provide variety in your training, you are not teaching from a canned script.
- Being able to be in the cockpit without leaving your family.
- Sharing knowledge and continuing to grow professionally with other pilots
- Paid Holidays - our holidays are currently arranged so you will be off between Dec 25 and January 1
Instructor Pilot US
Responsible for the delivery of flight training in a flight simulator and ground school in accordance with the appropriate regulatory agency, CAE approved curriculum, and customer requirements. Act as subject matter expert (SME) ready to lead client(s) through their training. After 1.5+ years, per business needs, designated Instructors are expected to qualify as a Training Center Evaluator (TCE) and customer contract check airman.
- Provides simulator/flight or classroom instruction on one or more aircraft types as assigned for the issue of licenses, type ratings, internal training, certificates, and pilot qualifications.
- Responsible for conducting pre and post flight simulator briefings in a thorough, professional manner in accordance with CAE standards
- Other required administrative duties (completes training records, recommends remedial training when necessary, track his/her own instructional qualifications and activity, etc.)
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) in creation of curricula and courseware when required
What to expect:
CAE offers a comprehensive training program to help transform your knowledge and skills as a pilot into a world-class Instructor and subject matter expert ready to lead clients through their training.
The ideal candidate should also possess:
- A “true” professional character with the ability to create a welcoming and successful learning environment
- The proven ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels, both spoken and written
- Commitment to the customer - providing continuous “red carpet” customer service
- The capability to tailor training sessions to the needs of a diverse customer base
- A keen eye for detail – must be able and willing to maintain accurate and timely records in accordance with CAE policy and FAA requirements
Who is CAE?
CAE is a global leader in modelling, simulation and training for civil aviation. CAE is the largest network of civil training location with more than 210 full-flight simulators in 50+ training locations worldwide. CAE serves worldwide airlines, aircraft operators and manufacturers across the globe. Our vision is to be the recognized global training partner of choice to enhance safety, efficiency and readiness.
CAE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
CAE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail HRBusinessAviation@cae.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
As a Federal Contractor, CAE is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here for the EEO is the Law