Float Fixed Wing Pilot
Life Flight Network •
Position Type: Permanent
Life Flight Network is one of the most prominent not-for-profit air ambulance organizations. As the industry's trailblazers, we constantly raise the bar for safety, excellence, social justice, and innovation in the skies and on the ground.
Being a member of our esteemed team means embarking on a career defined by distinction, pride, compassion, and unwavering service. We are a group of dedicated professionals who thrive in a high-octane, collaborative environment. Our collective brilliance shines as we come together to make a difference in the communities we serve. Here, you'll find the best and the brightest talents, who are second to none in their dedication and expertise.
Are you ready to unleash your potential and make a real impact in your community? If you're seeking a rewarding and fulfilling path, then look no further - Life Flight Network is the place where your aspirations will take flight!
The Fixed Wing Pilot is responsible for safely operating Pilatus aircraft to facilitate the transport of critically ill and/or injured patients. The fixed wing pilot will possess strong leadership skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of people, one-on-one and in large groups, sometimes in highly stressful situations. The fixed wing pilot will be required to work varied shifts and may be required to be available for on call shifts.
***This position offers a $30,000 retention bonus***QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation or related field preferred
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a professional pilot
- Must hold a FAA Airline Transport Pilot certificate
- 2500 hours PIC time Airplane
- 1000 hours in an aircraft with retractable gear
- 1500 Turbine hours
- 500 hours in a turbo prop aircraft
- 250 hours instrument time
- 250 hours of unaided night time experience
- 25 hours operating a PC-12 and successful completion of ground and flight school within last 12 months preferred
- Recent air medical transportation experience preferred
- Mountain experience preferred
- Current FAA Second class flight physical
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written
- Customer service skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization
- Travel by personal or company vehicle throughout LFN’s service area is required. Must hold a valid driver’s license, an automobile in good repair and be able to provide proof of auto insurance
- Perform pre-flight and post-flight inspections
- Safely plan flights; load passengers (including patients), baggage and cargo; and analyze weather conditions.
- Maintain logs and records, as required, prepare written reports
- Clean aircraft, unit quarters and hangar
- Ensure adherence to LFN safety and risk management culture as outlined in Safety and Risk Management Agreement, SMS, and related policies
- Preserve safety and risk management culture and rules
- Report all concerns related to safety and risk management immediately, working with Director of Safety and Risk Management, Director of Quality Management and others as needed
- Be knowledgeable regarding all safety and risk management policies and procedures; be an agent for communicating safety and risk management information
- LFN offers competitive compensation above industry standard
- Medical (Company pays for employee 100)
- Dental (Company pays for employee 100)
- Vision (Company pays for employee 100)
- Life/AD&D (Company pays for employee 100)
- Short & long term disability (Company pays for employee 100)
- 401k – with 100 vested employer contribution
- Tenure bonuses
- Adoption assistance
- Paid parental time off
- Bereavement leave (including pets)
- Tuition/Training reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time
- Employee Recognition Awards
- A generous paid time off plan starting at almost 4 weeks a year for full time employees
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Life Flight Network Membership
- Dog friendly work environment
All candidates are subject to drug screening and background investigation.
Life Flight Network is an equal opportunity employer.
129,651.47 - 149,208.79
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)