Job Category:LIFT Academy (Non Alumni)
At Republic Airways, our vision is to be America’s regional airline of choice, and our 6,000 associates work together each day to achieve that by providing a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. Whether the role is on the aircraft or in the office, every person at Republic contributes to our success and our family-oriented work environment.
Since our founding in 1974, we’ve grown to become the world’s largest operator of the Embraer 170/175 jet, flying more than 1000 flights daily for our partners, American Airline, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines. Beyond our operations, we’re focused on sharing our time, talents and treasures with our community—both locally and globally.
Join Republic Airways where you will find opportunities, reach new heights and be part of something bigger than yourself. Republic Airways, opportunity elevated.
NOW OFFERING A $5,000 SIGN-ON AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE!
Provides flight, simulator, and ground instruction in accordance with Part 61 and 141, FAA regulations, Airmen’s Information Manual, advisory circulars, airport operations, and LIFT Academy policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Performs flight instructor duties authorized by the Federal Aviation Regulations in accordance with the approved Training Course Outline.
- Ensures that course standards, training requirements, and objectives are met by all assigned students as required by the Training Course Outline.
- Reports on student progress and accurately maintains and updates all appropriate records.
- Monitors the maintenance condition of the training aircraft and informs LIFT maintenance associates of any questionable items.
- Recommends and develops curriculum and courseware improvements when appropriate.
- Attends administrative, standardization, in-service training, and instructor development meetings as assigned.
- Performs facilities tours and familiarizes customers with LIFT Academy’s policies, procedures, and flight training courses.
- May assist with new teaching methods.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor, Airplane Single Engine Land
- Must hold a current FAA Medical Certificate
- Must have Flight Instructed for a minimum of 6 months
- Must have full knowledge of all curriculums authorized to teach.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply effective instructional technique in the classroom and in flight.
- Ability to teach and perform well in classroom setting. Computer skills are required.
- Aircraft piloting skills, including familiarity with and ability to perform required flight maneuvers and procedures.
- Knowledge of appropriate Federal Aviation Regulations and related administrative and operational procedures and requirements.
- Strong customer service skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- G1000 experience is preferred.
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor: Airplane Multi-Engine Land, Instrument.
- Must be able to pass an initial and on-going drug and alcohol testing program
- Must pass a Federal Background check.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be short term and usually moderate cost.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to lift up to 25 pounds up to 35 of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice.
- Ability to work well under pressure in fast-paced and noisy environment while exercising sound judgement at all times.
Ability to travel up to 15 of the time, including overnight and weekend travel.
Equal Opportunity Employment and Disability Accommodations
Republic Airways is committed to achieving a diverse workforce by providing equal employment opportunities to all Associates and applicants, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are committed to providing applicants and Associates reasonable accommodation to enable the individual to perform the essential duties of the job. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.