Advanced Air, LLC is an innovative, service-oriented aviation company headquartered in Hawthorne, California. We were founded in 2005 by our President, Levi Stockton, as an FAA approved, Part 135, On-Demand Air Carrier focused on superlative aircraft management and on demand charter.
Today, Advanced Air has 22 aircrafts, operated in both scheduled and on-demand service, and a diversified portfolio of flying services in turboprop aircraft, business jets and regional passenger jets. Serving more than 12 communities in the southwestern United States, Advanced Air has a deep commitment to operational excellence and metered, sustainable growth.
Our successful growth is driven by our adherence to our core values of: safety, security, teamwork and reliability. We are in this business for the long run and take a disciplined, thoughtful approach to growth opportunities.
About the Role and about You:
The Challenger 300 Second in Command (SIC) Pilot position is based out of Hawthorne, CA. This position requires a strong ability to multi-task, make high level complex decisions, all while completing a variety of aviation related tasks. The flying for this position will support the Advanced Air on-demand charter operations. The Second in Command (SIC) Pilot reports to Advanced Air’s Chief Pilot and in his absence the Director of Operations.
You are excited about aviation, looking to grow, and willing to make a one-year commitment to Advanced Air, LLC. You will also have all of the required flight minimums and certifications and live within two hours of your base airport.
Why you should work with us:
We can tell you all about how great we are, but you probably want to know what is in it for you, so we have compiled a list of our standout benefits:
- Paid time off
- Day Off Pay at 200%; $200.00 to $800.00 per day off depending on Airframe qualification
- Hourly Bonus for Flight hours over 65 in a month
- $2.45 Per Diem pay for all hours associated with Flight Duty
- Current pilot schedule is built off a Priority Bid System allowing for maximum meaningful days off
- Easy to use Flight/Travel Benefits; current contracts include Delta, Alaska, and Southwest
- KCM for your personal domestic travel
- Retention of all hotel points and airline miles while on business travel
- 401k plan with dollar for dollar employer match up to 4%
- 100% Company Paid Health Insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision and $15,000 in life insurance
What you will do:
- Perform a visual Pre and Post Flight (walk-around) inspection prior and after each flight
- Assist the Pilot-in-Command during all phases of flight in accordance with operating P&P
- Assume primary responsibility for the safety of the passengers, crewmembers, cargo, and the aircraft should the pilot-in-command become incapacitated or unable to perform his/her duties
- Review thoroughly and brief the pilot-in-command specifically on all customer service items including, but not limited to passenger pick up, passenger drop off, refueling, customs, private hangar pick up/drop off, private hangar communications requirements, and passenger catering
- Have primary operational responsibility for successfully completing the customer service portions of each leg as outlined in the P&P manual
- Comply with all Federal Aviation Regulations, Company Operations Manual, Operations Specifications, Standard Operating Procedures, and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Update flight and duty records, determine eligibility for the next flight assignment and ensure any aircraft maintenance discrepancies are reported to the Captain and reported in accordance with operating policy and procedure
- Participate proactively in safety and quality systems by identifying, reporting and mitigating hazards and quality issues
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the pilot-in-command
What you can expect:
- SIC Base Pay – 90,000 Depending on Experience
- Flight crews can expect to average 30 flight hours a month
- Flight Crews average 15 flying days a month and 8 to 12 nights away from base as the schedule allows. The pilots schedule is bid 14 days in advanced and built on a mixture of Days ON and Days OFF that will generate 10 days off a. Days that are listed as “On” flight crews will be available to work for Advanced Air. Days that do not have assigned flying will have a set On Call period to them
- On Call periods will require flight crew to be within approximate two hours of the airport and in a fit to fly state
- Days OFF, the pilot will not be expected to be available for Advanced Air