B412 IFR Captain
Cougar Helicopters Inc. •
Cougar Helicopters Inc. currently has an opportunity for a full-time permanent B412 IFR Captain. This is not a touring opportunity. Given the nature of the positions, successful applicants will need to reside within the vicinity of the St. John's base. Successful applicants who are currently located elsewhere will therefore need to be prepared to relocate to the vicinity of the St. John's base prior to assuming the position.
General Job Definition
A Pilot is responsible for all duties assigned by the Chief Pilot related to the operation and safety of the aircraft and passengers. Pilots are responsible to complete and or adhere to all training, flight standards, document control and improvement of Flight Operations efficiencies.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Safety and Quality Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operation of the aircraft, the safety of the passengers and crew members, and all flight decisions once in the air;
- Maintain a highly professional image in both conduct and personal appearance;
- Communicate with the passengers and crew during flights;
- Liaison with client(s) regarding flight request and specifics of flight;
- Ensure ops & maintenance departments are aware of scheduled trips;
- Oversight and maintaining of a flight booking schedule;
- Conduct site suitability visits for helicopter operations when required; and
- Assist in completing TC aerial work permit applications when required.
- Practice, actively promote and monitor workplace safety;
- Be familiar with and comply with the Cougar SMS and HSE policies and procedures;
- Be responsible for knowing, understanding and complying with the workplace requirements for Cougar’s day-to-day operations and ask for assistance when unclear about a workplace process to complete a task safely;
- Report hazards: If an employee encounters an unsafe or harmful condition or situation or if they are unclear if a task is safe, the employee is responsible to report this immediately to their supervisor or through the Cougar Safety Hazard Observation Program (S.H.O.P.); and
- Wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience operating in coastal environment is required;
- Minimum of 3 years commercial helicopter experience is required;
- Minimum 3000 hours helicopter time is required;
- Minimum 1500 hours PIC is required;
- Unrestricted Canadian ATPL (H) or;
- Unrestricted Canadian CPL (H) and have HAMRA & HAMRON exams written within previous 24 months is required;
- Unrestricted Category 1 medical is required;
- Previous external load experience in Class B and C is required and Class D is considered an asset;
- Valid passport is required;
- B412 or B212 type rating(s) an asset;
- NVG experience considered an asset;
- Previous night and instrument experience considered an asset;
- Instructor rating considered an asset; and
- Air ambulance and/or SAR experience considered an asset.
National Classification Code (NOC):
- Knowledge of CARS 702/703 operations;
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated professionalism with the ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy;
- Language of work is English;
- Decision making and crew resource management skills; and
- Ability to work in a team environment.
10 Jetstream AvenueSt. John’s, NL
- Details of the group insurance (medical and dental benefits), as well as the Company Pension Plan (unmatched employer contribution of 3% of gross salary), will be provided by Human Resources. The date of eligibility of the group insurance plan begins on you’re the first day of employment. However, the date of eligibility of the Company Pension Plan is the first pay day following three (3) months of continuous employment, provided all other eligibility requirements are satisfied according to the terms of such plans.
- B412 IFR Captain: $84,059.39 - $102,295.59
- 12 hour shifts;
- 21 days on and 21 days off duty cycle;
- Location of work includes St. John’s, NL
Interested parties should forward their updated resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email no later than the close of business on March 10, 2020. Please attach a resume and cover letter in the form of PDF or Microsoft word document and identify your interest in the position by stating the subject line: "CHI-B412-02-2020”
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC