R-44 ENG Pilot
Total Traffic & Weather Network •
R-44 Electronic News Gathering (ENG) Pilot based out of Kansas City, KS at the Johnson County Airport, KS (KOJC).
• Conducts pre and post-flight checks and routine maintenance on navigation, safety, and operating systems to ensure aircraft is fully operational.
• Interfaces with air traffic controllers regarding flight route, weather conditions, etc.
• Tracks flight hours and use to determine schedule for preventative maintenance; ensures instruments are certified in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
• Maintains written and computerized flight logs and aircraft/pilot records to comply with FAA regulations and other federal guidelines.
• Participates in training and remains current on FAA Airworthiness Directives and related periodic publications.
• Operates aircraft safely and efficiently to the maximize cost effectiveness of each flight.
• Requires flexibility in work schedules since the pilot works a spilt shift and is on-call at the Johnson County Airport, KS (KOJC).
Qualifications• Must have Robinson R44 PIC time and meet SFAR 73 requirements.
• Minimum of 500 hours total pilot time, or 400 hrs with a Certified Flight Instructor License with Dual Instruction given. Must have at least 100 hours in the R44.
• Customer focus
• Tolerance for stress in dealing with difficult situations and personalities
• Flexibility around flight times
• Ability to withstand demanding on-the-job flying times with early starts and late finishes and willing to work weekends.
• Previous Electronic News Gathering experience preferred but not required.
• Flight Instructor experience in Robinson helicopter preferred.
• Graduate of the Robinson Safety Course preferred and Certified Flight School.
• Commercial Rotorcraft License or add-on to Commercial Pilot’s License.
• FAA Class 1 or 2 Medical Certificate required
• Certified flight instructor and Instrument Rating preferred
Job Ident #: