H135 Helicopter Pilot (SPIFR)
Competitive Pilot Compensation - Newly Increased Geo Modifiers (January 2022)
• 2000 hours total time (helicopter)
• 1000 hours PIC (helicopter)
• 500 hours cumulative night experience
• 100 hours cumulative IFR experience
• EMS and FAR 135 experience preferred
• Commercial Instrument Helicopter Rating
• Current Class II Medical Certificate
• Preference is given to applicants who have an ATP rating
Preference is given to applicants who have:
• Previous Airbus H135 experience and/or single pilot IFR experience in a complex helicopter
• Previous NVG experience
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and persuasively.
• Ability to maintain composure under pressure, work efficiently and accurately with frequent interruptions, and set/re-set multiple priorities.
• Presents a professional image as a REACH flight team member.
• Maintains a positive team attitude with flight crew members, maintenance technician and communications specialist by working cohesively.
• Works independently and tolerates high stress levels while maintaining a good rapport with co-workers.
• Maintains ongoing knowledge of relevant aviation SOP’s.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
• Requires activities requiring a moderate amount of standing, sitting and walking.
• Able to conduct activities requiring a moderate to rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting.
• Capable of lifting 75 lbs floor to bench height.
• Ability to hear routine aircraft noises.
• Maintains a “duty” weight (body weight + uniform/equipment – helmet not included) of less than 230lbs for Rotor Wing (Helicopter) operations.
• Must be able to wear a commercially available respirator mask with proper fit when requested.
• Requires close and distant visual capability (Class 2 Aviation Medical).Periodic hands to key ability (typing).
The RW Pilot duties are performed in either indoor or outdoor environments. The RW Pilot may be exposed to routine office noises, moderate electrical or mechanical hazards and frequent exposure to an aircraft hangar environment where the RW Pilot may be exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gases, odors, dust particles and mechanical/electrical and chemical hazards. The RW Pilot must be present at work site to complete the job.
• Nomex full body flight suit, leather or Nomex boots, and an aviation helmet during all helicopter flight operations.
• PPE – latex gloves, goggles and HEPA mask
• Hearing protection (plugs, band or head set)
Work Place Conditions:
The RW Pilot is physically based at an airport “crew quarters” for 12 hour shifts and must be prepared at a moments notice (within 5 minutes) to begin air ambulance missions that last from 6 to 8 hours. The crew quarters are equipped with kitchen, shower, rest and sleeping facilities.
The pilot schedule is a 12 hour shift, 7 days on and 7 days off, typically beginning at 0800 or 2000.
Sometimes a flight shift may extend past 12 hours, but usually not longer than 15 hours.
The RW Pilot reports directly to the Lead Pilot, followed by the Chief Pilot and ultimately to the Director of Operations.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 vaccination is NOT a condition of employment, or for consideration for employment with the GMR Family of Companies. However, upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your COVID-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.