Pilot Rotor Wing - Livingston, TX (HCA Houston Healthcare - Off Duty Housing Available
Air Methods Corporation •
Aircraft: Bell 407 GXI
Off Duty Housing Available
Responsible to ensure aircraft and weather conditions are airworthy to transport medical crew and patient to receiving hospital within an assigned operational area. Responsible for compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM), General Operations Manual guidelines (GOM), and thorough knowledge of Air Methods policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Operates Air Methods aircraft in a safe and legal manner.
- Completes pre-flight before every flight verifying the aircraft is in an airworthy condition by sign off of Daily Flight Log. Pilots will perform a complete walk around of the aircraft prior to entering the cockpit for flight and upon completion of each flight.
- Final authority with regard to operations of aircraft and for the safety of passengers, cargo and equipment.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all aircraft and medical systems of backup aircraft utilized at operational area and also ensures that the medical flight team is familiar and comfortable with the medical interior and systems.
- Responsible for completion of required documentation.
- Able to conduct detailed flight planning with little notice to exacting standards.
- Participates regularly in Air Methods meetings, activities, projects, committees and community outreach.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
Subject to applicable laws and Air Methods policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods employment practices and policies.
- Regular scheduled attendance.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
Operation and Safety Requirements:
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two to five years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- As a member of the Flight Crew, any person employed in this position shall maintain a weight not to exceed 250 pounds and shall be less than seventy (70) years old.
Instrument Flight rules (IFR) Program:
- Pilots must have flown in category for a commercial operator or in the military within the previous 24 months
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives, hospitals and the public and strives to maintain a friendly and professional working environment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- 2500 total flight hours with a minimum of 2000 hours in category
- 1000 hours PIC in category
- 500 hours of cross-country flight time, 100 hours of night flight time
- 75 hours of actual or simulated instrument time at least 50 hours which were in flight in an aircraft including 20 hours in actual instrument conditions in category
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Commercial & Instrument Rating (for category and class of aircraft)
- ATP rating in category meets this requirement
- First OR Second Class FAA Medical certificate required.
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, reasonable cause/suspicion, post-accident).
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)