This position is a “Reserve Position” and is based at Patrick AFB. You will be here in a TDY status until a permanent downrange 90/30 rotational position becomes available. You must have the ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 180 days annually at 45-60-day intervals until a permanent position is available. This role requires the employee to be fully vaccinated against COVID
Plan and execute flight assignments and obtain information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures and special instructions. Prepare or supervise preparation of flight plans, considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise control data, airport facilities and navigational aids. This position will be located on Patrick AFB, but must have ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 180 days annually at 45-60 day intervals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and execute flight assignments and obtain information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures and special instructions.
- Ensure proper flight kit is aboard.
- Ensure that required airworthiness inspections have been accomplished and any previous discrepancies have been corrected or properly deferred in accordance with the MEL for that aircraft (as applicable).
- Supervise or accomplish the aircraft preflight inspection and preparation.
- Ensure proper loading, distributing, and security of cargo and passengers.
- Determine aircraft weight and balance is within prescribed limits.
- Complete aircraft flight maintenance log, load manifest and discrepancy record form and ensure that a copy of each is delivered to the Site Manager for filing upon the completion of each flight assignment.
- Retain final responsibility for the logging of aircraft flight time and the filing and closing of flight plans and preparation of flight and duty time records.
- Responsible for passenger safety and assuring ramp security is maintained while passengers are being boarded or disembarked.
- Assign prior to takeoff direct reports to assist any person who may need the assistance of another person during possible emergency evacuation of the aircraft.
- Conduct the briefing of all passengers prior to each take-off or assigns duty to direct reports but retains responsibility.
- Delegate functions to other direct reports, but retains overall responsibility.
- Performs routine within CONUS travel as required.
- Position requires a U.S. security clearance.
- High school diploma or GED.
- FAA Commercial and Instrument Airmans Certificate Rotorcraft Helicopter.
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit. - Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 1,500 total rotary wing flight hours including 500 hours of turbine engine time.
- Night Vision Goggle (NVG) qualified and 300 hours of NVG experience.
- Conversant in English.
- Prior military pilot and/or pilot support on the DoS INL/A program.
- Qualification in the applicable aircraft, H-60, UH-1.