If your passion is flying and you want to work in an environment where every second counts - contact us today!
At Med-Trans Corp., safety is much more than a buzzword or just a regulatory compliance standard. We are absolutely committed to safety as a core value and proud to be a leader in the industry with proven, pro-active accident/incident prevention principles:
- Hands-on training in aircraft and simulator yearly
- No second-guessing weather decisions
- 100% NVG
- XM Satellite Weather system
- Satellite tracking of flights
- Integrated satellite telephone technology
All aircraft are operated single pilot in a highly dynamic environment during both day and night operations. Pilots work with a team of medical experts who are extensively trained to operate as productive crew members in the flight setting. Candidates should assess their ability to operate an advanced aircraft in a single pilot environment before applying
Our pilots are scheduled seven consecutive days on and seven consecutive days off. The shifts are 12-hours per day alternating with seven day shifts, seven days off, followed by seven night shifts.
Our Rotor-Wing Pilots provide customer oriented, high quality air medical transport services in a safe and efficient manner. The pilot is expected to act as a proactive and integral team player, both in flight, and during ground operations, utilizing communication and technical skills which will strengthen the company goal of being held in highest regard within the EMS industry.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Maintains a schedule as set forth by the company.
- Ensures aircraft readiness for flight dispatches, these items to include, as described in the appropriate manuals, but not limited to: * All FAR requirements * All Company requirements* Aircraft cleanliness duties * All flight crew requirements
- Accurately completes, in entirety, all required paperwork duties, i.e., duty shift change form, load manifests, duty/time sheets, all within scheduled due dates.
- Continues in educational betterment, e.g., computer training, ground training and flight training.
- Ensures that any and all pertinent information about flight operations will be disseminated to his/her shift change pilot and/or disseminated through the Company Communications Board per policy.
- Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner at all times.
- Attends meetings when required, and is available for training and check-flights outside of normal duty shift rotation.
- Upholds current company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties during scheduled shift as requested by Director of Operations or Chief Pilot.
- Maintains safety as the primary concern.
- Performs other duties as assigned