WLSS - MI-17 Flight Engineer
MAG Aerospace •
***This Position is Contingent Upon Contract Award.***
***Location is Afghanistan and Offers a Rotational Schedule***
***Must be Physically Capable of Completing CRC and Working in an Overseas Location Under Austere Conditions.***
***Deployment Paperwork/Certifications: Passports, CRC Dates, Flight Physicals etc. Must Be up to Date - We will help you process new documents if needed but we have to know so you can deploy on time.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Services, repairs, and overhauls aircraft and aircraft engines to ensure airworthiness.
- Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers' and airline's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- May be required to be licensed by Federal Aviation Administration.
- May service engines and airframe components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition.
- Must be capable of qualifying to perform Hazardous Flight duties as Crewmembers/Non-Crewmembers.
- Personnel filling these positions are required to meet the qualifications in AR 95-20.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.
- HS - Required
- FAA A & P license or appropriate military occupational specialty with non-rated crewmember flight training.
- Applicable training courses required.
- Must be able to maintain FAA CL II medical certificate.
- Desired:Technical or Military School Training
- 2 Years direct experience in aircraft maintenance; military technical school or an Airframe & Power plant (A&P) License.
- Flight engineers shall have an FAA Flight Engineer Certificate or a Service equivalent Certificate or Qualification for the Mi-17.
- Must have past or current designation as a Flight Engineer and have 500 hours of experience in performing duties in support of functional/operational check, ferry, and support flights
- Unless an FAA Second Class physical is required for their FAA flight certificate, non-pilot crewmembers may receive either an FAA Second Class or military Class 2 flight physical annually.
- Non-crewmembers require an annual FAA Third Class or military Class III flight physical annually.
- Assure things like passports, CRC dates, CAC cards ETC.. are in order and let us know if there are any issues. We will help you process new documents if needed but we have to know so you can deploy on time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)