VP of Business Development and Marketing/Sales
Aviation Specialties Unlimited •
The Vice President of Business Development and Marketing provides strategic and tactical direction to ASU’s Sales, Business Development, Customer Service and Marketing teams. The role will drive growth globally across multiple business units while positioning the company to capitalize on opportunities in adjacent industries, verticals, and segments.
This position serves as a key member of the Leadership Team and is responsible for accurate business and sales forecasts.
The ideal team member is strategic leader that has previous experience leading a diverse team, delivering through a dispersed workforce, and in producing outsized results with a unified team.
- Accountable Manager for Business Development, Sales, Customer Service and Marketing.
- Accountable Manager for Equipment Sales Profit Center to meet or exceed gross profit margin goals and expectations.
- Serve as a key member of the Leadership Team.
- Responsible for filling the Aircraft Services, Training and Equipment sales funnels to support each department’s revenue budget goals.
- Perform other tasks, duties, and functions as assigned.
- The Vice President reports to the COO.
- The Sales, Business Development, Customer Service and Marketing personnel report to the Vice President.
Limits of Authority:
- The Vice President of Sales and BD has the authority to negotiate and complete sales transactions up to $500,000 value with less than 1 year total period of performance. Said contracts shall comply with standard terms and conditions, margin and credit arrangements.
- The Vice President of Sales and BD has the authority to vet and select potential ASU distributors, resellers or other outside representatives. Approvals or cancellations of agreements shall be made by the executive team.
- The Vice President of Sales and BD has the authority to manage the execution of the ASU approved brand. Changes to branding guide shall be managed by the executive team.
- The Vice President of Sales and BD has the authority to manage personnel within their organization. Changes to position or organizational changes shall be managed by the executive team.
- The Vice President of Sales and BD has the authority to manage approved budgets within the scope of their position. Budget exceedances must be presented to the COO for approval.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership on all BD, Sales, Marketing and Program concepts.
- Lead Director levels and designated Managers that focus on products and project schedules. This leads Pete to believe he will be leading Directors and Managers outside of Sales, Marketing and BD. May consider recrafting this line.
- Reviewing and approving actions, staff, and timelines (timeliness of what?) directly with COO.
- Influencing and maintaining culture of ASU within Business Development, Marketing and Customer Service teams.
- Delivering high-level performance and progress reporting to senior leadership regarding company goals related to business development, marketing and sales initiatives.
- Building and maintaining a team that is competent, dedicated, and motivated to achieving company goals.
- Develop excellent relationships with business unit managers and support them where needed.
- Anticipate upcoming product and marketing needs based on company roadmap, and use roadmap to guide content opportunities. Lead the strategic planning and the execution of bringing new products to market.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in industry and governmental activities.
- Review, approve and execute Business Development, Sales and Marketing budgets
Sales and Business Development:
- Directs and oversees the company’s sales policies, objectives and initiatives.
- Analyzes trends and develops monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts ensuring that sales targets are realistic and achievable.
- Develop and track sales goals for the Sales Department and Sales Representatives.
- Manages CRM database.
- Manages and monitors pricing and gross profit of products and services relative to company’s sales strategies, changing costs and competition.
- Develops proposals for large, complex projects and effectively communicates the value proposition.
- Oversee and manage reseller, distribution and representative agreements.
- Negotiates with prospective customers when deviating from company sales policies.
- Provide monthly sales forecast and performance report by representative and product family
- Identify and manage shortfalls in sales goal performance and provide corrective action plan to regain performance to goal.
- Own ASU’s overall brand presence.
- Oversee the integrity of the data used in our marketing efforts, from conference presentations to pitches to high value publications.
- Effectively communicate strategic choices and direction to multiple stakeholders with research, marketing best practices and objective facts.
- Ensure message consistency across SEO, PR, tradeshows and paid media.
Customer Service/Program Management:
- Ensuring all customers receive ASU’s commitment of providing timely, superior products, and that their buying experience is pleasurable.
- Work across the organization to facilitate internal communication and operational excellence.
- Identify and mitigate areas of risk that could otherwise negatively impact cost, schedule, performance, and quality standards.
- Special attention will be provided to ASU’s key accounts to ensure the core business is executed upon flawlessly.
- Travel: up to 30% travel.
- Education: Bachelors degree in related field or demonstrated relevant business acumen.
- Experience: Minimum of 7+ years in night vision or aerospace industry.
- Skills, knowledge and abilities: Must be able to work well both independently and with others.
- Language / Communication Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively (reading, writing and speaking) the English language. Must know and understand terminology related to the aviation and night vision industry. Must possess strong writing skills and must be able to present ideas clearly.
- Computer Literacy: Must possess good computer proficiency in Windows, Outlook and Excel. Proficiency in Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics preferred.
- Multitasking Ability: Must be able to comfortably handle complicated multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
up to 30%
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)