Airline Manual Specialist
UPS Airlines •
The Airline Manual Specialist will be responsible for maintaining and updating manuals relating to aircraft maintenance and the operation of UPS aircraft. The specialist will process change notifications in manuals through standards, style guides, and consultation with internal and external departments. Reviewing and editing text, illustrations, and wiring diagrams.
- Research and interpret technical information to develop technical documents.
- Work independently and as part of a team to help revise a set of airplane technical manuals from engineering, manufacturing, and supplier data.
- Ability to create line art to illustrate aircraft parts and assemblies for use in aircraft technical manuals, parts catalogs, and other related publications.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail and be an excellent communicator.
- Aviation technical writing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of technical publications regulatory requirements and Industry Writing Specifications (ATA, S1000D, typical DTDs/schema, elements, and attributes).
- Experience with structured authoring environment (SGML, XML) and .xml authoring software.
- Experience with MS Office suite.
- Experience in interpreting engineering orders.
- Experience creating and editing vector drawing illustrations.
- Knowledge of aircraft technical documentation, including illustrated parts catalogs, airplane maintenance manuals, operator manuals, and installation instructions.
- A fundamental understanding of FARs as they apply to aircraft operations and maintenance.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and personal organization.
- Self-starter and able to make sound writing decisions with minimum assistance from supervision.
- .xml authoring software: 3 years (Required)
- Aviation technical writing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Vector drawing illustrations: 3 years (Preferred)
- Associate's degree or higher in Aircraft Maintenance, English, Technical Communications, Engineering, or a related field (Required)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)