Technical Illustrators: 48237
STS Technical Services •
STS Technical Services is hiring Technical Illustrators in Hagerstown, Maryland. Work for our premier client who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with for a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including: Forbes 2017 Americas Best Large Employers. Glassdoor 2018 & 2019 Best Places to Work, and 2018 & 2019 Worlds Most Ethical Companies.In this role you will support the development and sustainment of parts manuals. Review engineering drawings and change notices and document parts manuals on a variety of construction equipment. You will also support technical publications in animation of 3d data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and sustain electronic product information.
- Use software to retrieve, orient, explode, and animate 3-D information for use in manuals.
- Collaborate with and support Technical Writers with creation of storyboards, illustrations, and animations.
- Develop and support Augmented Reality activities
- Develop and sustain product Parts Manuals
- Review applicable Change Notices (CNs) for new and revised engineering and supplier documentation.
- Establish and sustain acceptable practices and processes for illustration, animation, and augmented reality development.
- Collaborate with engineers, suppliers, R & D, production, service, purchasing and other department personnel to obtain parts details, CAD models, illustrations, photographs, service procedures, etc.
- Coordinate proofing of final copy prior to release.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with staff members of the following departments: Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Customer
- Support and Purchasing
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 5-plus years of related work experience.
- Individual must be a self-starter, flexible, highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to organize projects and work independently.
- Proven experience as animator.
- Communication and storytelling skills.
- Experience with the following software: PTC Illustrate, PTC IsoDraw, PTC Windchill, PTC Arbortext, PTC SIM, Creo Parametric, Adobe FrameMaker, CorelDraw, Adobe Creative Cloud, 3-D Studio Max, ARCore / ARKit, Xamarin.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of construction equipment systems and components.
- Experience effectively collaborating with internal and external customers.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC